Constellations

sapnap in jail 😳 what will he do?

happy pride month!!

~♡♡♡♡~

The cold grass was still damp from the afternoon rain, but the sky had cleared of all clouds by evening.

The bright sun had set, leaving oranges and pinks behind to show off deep blues and bright white dots, spotting the night sky with paintings of ancient Greek heros.

Dream pointed up to a series of stars, his hoodie clad back laying down on the grass, George right next to him.

"See those stars right there?" he asked, his voice was quiet, to not disturb the silence of crickets and cicadas chirping. "That's Orions belt."

"Really? And what about those bright ones, over there?" the brunet queried curiously.

"Those five? That's delphinus. In Latin it means dolphin. When I had first searched the story behind it, I found out that the constellation means love and wedding" the blond said with a soft chuckle, both boys wearing a matching grin.

"When did you learn about all this stuff?" George sat up and rested his arms on his knees, Dream following the movement and doing the same, but with one leg stretched out.

"When I read Percy Jackson to be honest..." he laughed once again after trailing off for a moment. "I got really into Greek mythology for a bit, and then just did as must research as I could."

"Do you know anything else about that constellation?"

"I know the story behind why the constellation is named that. There was a dolphin that was sent by Poseidon to find Amphitrite, the Nereid he wanted to marry" Dream looking up at the sky as he spoke, looking over at George once he finished.

"Nereid...?" the birt questioned.

"In Greek mythology it's basically another word for sea nymph, they're the 50 daughters of Nereus and the Oceanid Doris" the blond seemed more than excited to talk about all of what he knew, and George was more than ready to let the boy ramble, even though he wouldn't understand half of it. (I had to do so much research for all this smh 🙄 by that I mean Googling like two things--)

"One of the sea nymphs was named Thetis, and her son was Achilles. In her prophecy, he was destined to be the best warrior, better than his father and better than Hercules" he went on to talk, his green eyes sparkling with mirth and excitement. (yes, I got inspired to write this because of "the song of Achilles"... leave me alone)

"How do you remember all this stuff? Like, on some days I'll ask you do something and it takes days for you to remember to do it" George said, laughing and definitely disturbing the calm quiet that had settled over them both, but neither boys minded as Dream laughed loudly along with him.

"I don't know, fun information just sticks around, like, did you know most sea animals sleep with one eye open?" Dream smiled softly.

"And where did you learn that fun fact?" the brunet asked, his voice laced with affection and a joking tone.

"Some Sea World thing when I was like, seven" they both laughed loudly again, laying back down and letting there backs settle onto the wet grass.

"When you suggested star gazing in the backyard, I didn't think the ground would be wet" George scooted over, so his and Dreams shoulders were almost touching. There hands locked together on top of the damp earth, and everything felt right in that moment as they looked up at the star riddled sky.

"And I didn't think you'd complain this much" Dream looked over and stared at his boyfriends profile next to him, then scooted his face forward to rest his nose in the brits neck. He nuzzled against the other, like a cat asking for attention.

George giggled at the movement, and moved his unoccupied hand up to ruffle the blonds hair.

"I'm getting the end credits of Minecraft vibes from our view" the brits accented voice commented, and the way his tone had lowered back down to bring the quiet serenity back, brought a small flush to Dreams face.

"And the universe said I love you. And the universe said you have played the game well" the American quoted, still snuggled into the shorters neck and shoulder.

"Is this another fun thing that you just remember?"

"Yep."

And they fell back into the hushed stillness, the sound of wind and insects filled there ears, along with distant cars driving.

Neither of them had to say anything for them to know, that the universe does love them, just as much as they love eachother.

"And the universe said I love you, because you are love."

~♡♡♡♡~

I don't even feel bad for this being short, it's cute as hell 💖💖

also, the first time I read the whole end poem, I cried