Cardboard Cutouts (2)

The art is by @ hoshioyo on Instagram :]

There's mentions of the f-slur, and crying, but it's not too much.

~♡♡♡♡~

"Wanna hangout?"

Dream just stared for a moment. When he walked down stairs to get his bottle of water, and to enjoy a bite of shredded cheddar cheese, he wasn't expecting to open the front door to see the short brunet staring back up at him.

"Um, huh?" the blonds tone was obviously hesitant as he looked down at the last person he would expect.

"Um, I need your help" George brought his right hand up to cup his bicep, slight squeezing for moment, seeming like he was trying to calm him self.

"Are you alright? do you want to come in?" Dream was about to take a step back for the other to walk into the house, when all of the a sudden the brown-eyed boy brought his hands up.

"No, no" he said urgently, bringing his hand back down, "um can you please come outside?"

"I mean, sure" the green-eyed male took a step forward, George moving off to the side of the door so he could fully step out. He closed the door behind him, looking ahead at the other.

"Also, yes I'm fine" George assured, "my parents, they've just been...a lot, recently and so I was wondering if you could help me out with something?" his voice raised at the end, his eye brows furrowed together slightly, beginning to sputter out "if you dont want to you can obviously say no, I won't care, it's just-"

Dream cut I'm off by bringing his hand up to the others shoulder, tilting his head to the side, and softly saying "let me grab my keys, you can explain in the car, alright?"

"Alright, thank you" the brunet said, tone just as soft and quiet.

Dream walked back inside, grabbing his water bottle and taking a sip, putting it back into the fridge for later, then walking up the stairs, quickly but quietly, and getting his keys from his room.

He swiftly make his way back downstairs and to the door, opening it slowly to not scare the other by the sudden movement. He stepped outside, cocking his head to the right, towards his car, to motion for the other to follow.

They walked to the car, Dream unlocking it, and then both sitting down. The blond turned the car on, and gave the other a questioning look, as to say 'what are we doing in my car at 1 in the morning'.

"Ok, so, um I'm not sure where to start" George chuckled awkwardly, looking down at his feet and then back up to the other.

"Just start from the beginning, there's no rush, take your time" Dream reassured. Although, he was more than curious as to why George and himself were now sitting in his car at 1 am, after a week of the other being gone, with no signs from his parents either, he wanted the other to feel comfortable and calm. He wanted to make sure George was relaxed in his presence, and was genuinely willing to voice his problems.

"So, about two weeks ago, I started to struggle a bit more with grades and stuff, ya know? and my parents kept pushing me to do better, and I understand they just want the best for me, I guess, but it just sucks..." he trailed off, looking anywhere but into to the deep green that stared back.

Dream gave him a slight nod of understanding, encouraging him to continue.

"And um, at the beginning of this week, I couldn't really take them anymore and the shit they'd throw at me, like the things they say that get me so down" his tone was harsher than before, but he didn't let his anger slip out of line, "um, so I locked my bedroom door, and just, didn't go to school on Monday. It was sorta just supposed to be only that day though..." George paused, making eye contact for a moment before pressing his back straight against the seat.