Ten Signs

I've kinda been wanting to write a dog boy Dream and cat boy George fic for a while, but I just haven't been able to think of a good plot for it that wasn't basic, so thank you to the twt user who tweeted this lmao

~♡♡♡♡~

Dream had always been extremely curious about his roommate.

George, the dark haired boy who had contacted him forever ago about splitting rent and living together on some site that Dream was using to find a roommate, was always a little strange to him.

Most likely because he was partially a dog, not cat. He had only ever really hung out around other people like him, just due to the fact that dogs and cats don't always mix well.

But, that idea was proven wrong after a month of back and forth texting with George, soon after moving in together into a little apartment with the partial cat. Previously, it had just been Dream and his other roommate, Sapnap, but rent and all the utilities were getting pretty expensive and a bit overwhelming, so that's why they had sought out a new roommate.

So now, all three boys lived together and both dog boys interacted just fine with George.

But, Dream just felt like something was off between him and the brunet. There was nothing ever explicitly wrong that would happen between him and the other, quite the opposite actually, but there was just certain things George did to him that he didn't do to Sapnap.

After a couple months of living all together is when Dream started to notice the difference, but he didn't know how cat people normally acted to have an idea as to what was going on. After a little while longer, he decided to try and do some research.

Sitting down at his desk, his fingers tapping against the wood as he waited for the Google search results to load.

He wasn't a hundred percent sure on what to search, just deciding to look for signs that a cat person -or an actual cat, they can't be that different when it comes to actions, right?- feels a certain way.

The first article was about signs that a cat may hate you, but after skimming through that, he decided very quickly that this wasn't the case for him and George. A couple of the articles were signs if your cat was sick, but he didn't think that applied either.

A few more down, and he saw one talking about signs that your cat loves you.

Everything else that he had read and skimmed didn't seem very helpful, so this was his best bet at this point.

1. Your pet headbutts you.

That was definitely something George did.

When they'd be sitting on the couch, watching movies together or even just playing on their phones, the occasional headbutt to his shoulder was fairly common from the cat boy. George's ears would usually go on either side of his shoulder, the soft fur skimming his skin.

Or when he'd be standing in the kitchen, the brunet headbutting his back as the blond did dishes or made dinner.

The little gesture always made Dream try and stop his tail from wagging with excitement.

2. Their tail will curl around you/your leg.

That was another pretty common occurrence.