Porch Swings

This school year ends in like, a month for me 0-0, so I'll probably be focusing on end of year tests and shit, but I'll still be writing whenever I can :]

~♡♡♡♡~

The cold breeze blew past his face, causing the brown hair to get into his eyes, his hand coming up to brush it away.

The metal chain that held the wooden swing creaked softly as he gently pushed himself back and forth, the white wooden porch under his feet being a soft reminder of his childhood home.

He and Dream were visiting the brits family in London, currently stayed in his childhood room on the second floor of the house.

The British weather was doing its usual thing, the often precipitation and cold atmosphere giving him bubbleing nostalgia. Although he enjoyed the contrasting Floridain weather that he experienced now that he lives with Dream, either warm days or hard rain, the soft drizzle was comforting to him.

Planting his feet firmly to the wooden planks of the porch, he waited a moment, feeling the cold drops of water hit the exposed skin of his hands, arms, and face. He smiled, looking up at the covered sky, small bits of blue poking out from behind the gradient of dark to lighter gray clouds.

Drizzling rain had always been his favorite, ever since he was younger he'd come out and sit on the porch swing, read or just sit and talk with whoever as the soft rain hit the ground. Afterwards, he'd throw on his bright red rain boots, stomping around in the larger puddles he could find, usually ending up with the common cold, drinking warm soup up in his room.

A small creak from the door hinges was heard once he started to move back and forth again, George looked over to see his boyfriend exit the house and come over to sit down with him.

While Dream didn't like thunder and lighting, he did enjoy rain. Especially softer rain like now. In Florida, when the rain would beat down much harder than what felt comfortable, he would begin to feel anxious. But sitting here, moving his hand over to hold the shorters hand, he felt extremely at home, even if he's in another country.

"Do you like it here so far?" George asked quietly, looking over and smiling at the blond.

"Yeah, it's been really nice" Dream nodded in agreement, still looking at the brunet, even as George looked back out at the rain.

The cold breeze stood persistent, the rain stayed steady, and the sounds of nearby traffic all added to the pleasant atmosphere.

"I really miss this sometimes, but Florida is more warm and sunny, I love being able to leave my window open all day" the brown-eyed boy's smile softened with love as he thought about his and Dream's home in the sun shine state, how wonderful it always was there.

"Yeah, Florida's easier to deal with, even if sweating all day sucks" Dream agreed, looking out at the gray sky, seeing the whiter clouds that stood out, as well as the darker ones.

The sounds all felt relaxing as they sunk more into the porch swing, swinging back and forth together as they held eachothers hand, leaning against eachothers shoulders.

A few minutes passed by with silence, George had fallen asleep due to the relaxing state, small snores being added to the list of sounds in the air.

Dream softly picked his boyfriend up behind his knees and neck, carrying him up the stairs and to the bedroom they were staying in.

He laid down next to the brunet, smiling softly to himself self as George cuddeling closer into the tallers arms.

The rain continued outside, the shorter had woken from all the movement and grinned at the other boy.

"Thank you for bringing me up" George said, referring to being in his soft, cozy bed, the same blue bed spread from when he was younger splayed out beneath them. A thin-ish black fluffy blanket thrown over them, since Dream had grabbed it from the hall closet the other night, after complaining that it was 'too cold in this fucking place' drawing a laugh from his boyfriend.

After a few minutes both boys fell asleep, the rain getting slightly louder but still pleasant, both looking forward to the following week of staying in London and spending time together.

~♡♡♡♡~

It's been really rainy here, so I wrote this :] it's sorta short but it's pretty cute