Rain

Low quality George in a boat for today :]

I'm writing a part three to cardboard cutouts, and when I upload it, it'll be with the two other chapters so there are all together, just so ya know. ima upload it on the 8th btw :]

Also, thanks for 5k reads sndjvdka that's bonkers lol

tw// fear of thunderstorms and stuff, slight mentions of sensory overload but it doesn't go into a detail and is pretty brief

~♡♡♡♡~

Dream doesn't like thunder. The tall blond had grown up in Florida so rainy weather and hurricanes always just trapped him inside, to do nothing but hope his power didn't go out. While he did like to read, and the rain was a good excuse to lock himself in his room and read for as long as he wants, he also just wanted to go outside, be with his friends.

George on the other hand, loved the rain. London wasn't as hot as Florida, and it also had pretty frequent precipitation year round. Plus, the brunet usually stayed up in his room, his "safe space",(one time on his stream he said "its safe here" when referring to his room, so that's canon) anyways so it never really bothered him. If anything, it just added nice background noise.

The rain always felt comforting, the soft sounds and small rumbles of thunder always lulled him to sleep.

But for Dream, the thunder and lightning always kept him up, something about thunder storms felt unpredictable, scary to the dirty-blond. He had no control over the weather, and with how often Florida could go from sunny days to thunderstorm nights, it only made the fear in Dream grow.

~~~

When they finally moved in together, Dream never mentioned his fear of thunderstorms to his boyfriend. Since it usually only rained, he figured he could just ignore the unpredictable lightning if it were to strike.

George had been out that day helping Sapnap, Quackity, and Karl. They were all working on a big stream soon and they needed help with the set up. Since they all were now able to meet up, the three other boys staying in Florida for two weeks, they wanted to do a big stream with all five of them.

Dream really wanted to go out and help set up, but he needed to finish editing a video, since it had been almost a month since his last upload. He ended up getting it done faster than he expected, and he decided he should get up and go eat something, since the only thing he had eaten was breakfast eairler that day.

As he got to the kitchen he checked the time, seeing that it was a little after 4 pm. He made something quick, just a box of Macaroni and cheese.

As he poured the boiling water out into the strainer, along with the soft Macaroni, that's when he heard the rain start.

It was soft at first, just loud enough to hear, but not enough to make the freckled boys skin crawl. He quickly poured the Macaroni back into the pot, beginning to stir in the cheese.

By the time he poured some of his food into a bowl, grabbing a water bottle on his way to the couch, thats when the rain started to fall harder, the loud drops sending a small shiver down the blonds spine.

He did his best to ignore the loud sounds, turning the TV on and putting on something to watch as he ate.

Then everything went dark.

The power was out as the rain, some how, seemed to beat down harder on the roof, as well as the thunder beginning to creep up and over the sound of rain.

Dream grabbed his phone, quickly calling George. The brunet didn't know how to drive, so one of their friends would be driving him back, and he was scared that they might get cought up in the bad weather.

After a few rings, a familiar British accent broke the silence. "Hello?" George spoke, the sound of rain echoing on the other side of the call as well.

"Hey, I wanted to see if you left yet, the rain is starting to get bad, so I wanted to check up on you guys" Dreams voice wavered slightly as he spoke, but not enough to pick up on over the phone.

"Yeah, we're at the entrance of the neighborhood, so no worries. I'll see you soon, love". Even though George didn't know Dreams fear of lightning, he did know that the other didn't like rain very much.

"Alright, good, see you soon" he heard the silence and beep of the call being hung up, and he set his phone down next to him.

As soon as he heard the faint clinking of keys, he rushed up and off the couch sprinting to the door like a dog runs to their owner (golden retriever Dream). He quickly opens the door before George even gets his key fully into the slot.

Brown eyes look up at green ones, looking full of shock, very much surprised to see Dream already at the door and now dragging him inside.

The blond wraps his arms around the shorters torso, pulling him close. He nuzzles his head into damp, brown hair.

"I don't like thunder very much" the blonds voice is small when he admits it, feeling the others hands rubbing up and down his back.

"I knew you didn't like rain, but I didn't know thunderstorm were this bad. Your squeezing me so hard im gonna explode" George laughed softly at his own comment, then feels Dreams tight embrace loosen, a small 'sorry' escaping the tallers lips.

"Can we do something to distract me? I don't like how loud it is" voice still small, wavering as he speaks. All the sounds from outside and inside are filling up Dreams sense, beginning to feel almost overwhelming.

"Ofcourse, come with me" the brunets voice is gentle and kind as he holds the others hand, bringing him to their shared room. Originally Dream didn't want George to know of his fear, worried that his boyfriend would tease him about it, but Dream could tell that the others sweet voice was genuine, and he smiled softly as the other sat down with him on the bed.

"Lay down and get comfortable, I'm gonna grab something" the brit instructs, and Dream listens, laying down under the covers, head resting on the soft pillows. He pulls the comforter up to his chin, the house cold because of the rainy weather and power outage.

Quickly George returns, his phone in hand as he sits down on the edge of the bed, scrolling through spotify. He picks out one of his playlists, a very calm one that Dream has expressed his love for. It always calmed the both of them down, loving to play the music as soft background sounds.

The beginning notes of the shuffled songs began to play, and Dream smiles up at George as he turns his body, placing the phone down on the bedside table. He scoots under the covers as well, pushing up against Dream, cuddling into his torso.

Long arms reach for his waist, pulling him slightly closer as George nuzzles into the blonds neck, said blond smelling the others pleasant shampoo. The shorters arms also wrap around Dream, rubbing the tallers back like he had done eairler in their hug, humming along to the song playing as their legs intertwine.

"Thank you bubs" the green-eyed males voice sounded somewhat more confident, not as anxious as before as they cuddle under warm blankets, body heat mixing. The taller can feel George's smile on his neck as he speaks.

"Ofcourse, I always want you to feel safe and comfortable" Dream also smiles at that, squeezing the other briefly as a response.

They say their quiet 'I love you's and soon fall asleep, George enjoying the ambience of rain sounds much more than Dream does.

~♡♡♡♡~

I honestly love the sound of rain now, but for some reason when I was younger I was terrified of thunder and stuff. Like I was stuck at school because of a thunder storm and I cried--- now I'm fine, but wow, anyways.