Perfect

The art is by @ neikom3h on Instagram :]

Thank you guys so much, my first oneshot has 100 reads, and this overall has almost 400---- that's a lot more than I was expecting 👁_👁

tw// self conscious thoughts, anxiety, talk of weight/food, and crying (happy ending though, we love hurt/comfort lmao)

~♡♡♡♡~

Perfect. What does that even mean?

To everyone it seems different. To everyone, their own definition of perfection isn't the same.

And alot of the time, you don't fit your own standards. Everyone's standards are different for themselves and different for others. Not always feeling good enough, not feeling "perfect".

So, George had always found it hard to feel confident, to feel his own version of "perfect".

~~~

The day had been fine.

He had gotten some editing done, finished up a plug-in because the code wasn't working properly when he, Dream, and Sapnap tested it out, he even cleaned around his apartment some, washing a stack of cups he had finally grabbed from his room.

It was when he was about to go to bed when it had changed.

When he moved into his new apartment, about a month prior to now, his mum had gotten him a full length mirror, since he didn't have one in his new home.

He insisted he didn't need one, already knowing how he would feel about it. But his mother had reassured that it would be fine, and she didn't mind buying it, not understanding the others meaning when he said "I really don't need that mirror, mum".

She had bought it anyways, helped him put it up in his room of all places.

He was changing into pajamas, looking everywhere but the mirror. But it's hard to miss when it's right next to your dresser. It's like all he can do is stare at it at.

He slid off his jeans and t-shirt, staring at the floor in front of him as he shuffled over to his laundry basket, putting his dirty clothes inside. He walked back over to his dresser, still staring at the ground.

But, he had to look up for his drawers

He saw his body in the corner of his eye, pretending he didn't notice all of his insecurities. Pretending he didn't notice his thighs that were "too big", trying not to notice his jawline that "didn't look sharp enough", trying not to notice how his stomach wasn't flat.

He tried so hard not to notice his body from the mirror in his peripheral vision. But trying only made it harder.

The brunet quickly slid on an oversized sweater that his boyfriend, Dream, had sent him a few weeks prior (yall know which hoodie I'm talking about 😎). Saying "Its like a house warming gift!" George could still hear and see the others smile when the brown-eyed boy had put it on for the first time, showing it off to the dirty blond.

He grabbed dark gray sweatpants that were too big on him, always making sure that when he bought sweats they were a size too big so they were baggy and didn't hug his curves. He tied the strings, not too tight so it didn't show his "not perfect" stomach and waist.