Finding Music

soulmate au :]

~♡♡♡♡~

Music filled his ears, but not from anywhere nearby.

His earbuds were a few feet away, and the volume on his phone was all the way down.

His soulmate was listening to music at the moment, the song "Vanilla Curls" by Teddy Hyde was probably pretty loud for his partner, but for Dream it was slightly muffled.

That's how all people heard their soulmates music, the songs usually duller and quiter if the song was being played quieter, or easier to hear and louder if it was being played louder. Pretty self explanatory.

Dream's soulmate hadn't played music in a while, the last time it was some sad breakup song on loop. The blond also hadn't listened to music that much anymore. He normally would play music while studying for school, playing Minecraft, really anything, but that was before he turned 18.

When people reach the age of 18, that's when they began to hear their partners songs.

He had always looked forward to it, but now the growing anxiety made him feel horrible.

What if he plays music at the wrong time? What if he's constantly disturbing his parter with his music? What if their taste is different, and they don't like what he plays?

Constant questions racked through him, and he wished they would be as muffled as his soulmates songs.

~~~

About a week had passed and Dream sat in a VC with his friends Sapnap and George.

At one point, Sapnap had mentioned something about hearing the adventure time theme song, and had said that he's heard it at least 12 times from his soulmate in the past hour, which led to the current conversation.

"I don't know, my soulmate just doesn't listen to music very much" George said, not quite remembering the last time he heard the dulled down songs in his mind.

"Mine doesn't either, they did listen to a song some time last week though" Dream commented with a shrug.

"Do you remember what song?" the Texan queried, his chair creaking as he adjusted in his seat.

The blond thought for a moment, trying to remember. On the rare occasion that he heard something, he'd always look up the song.

"Um, i think it was by Teddy Hyde?" Dream answered, his voice litling up as he thought about it.

"Oh, I like his music..." the brit trailed off.

The conversation had then wondered back to the task at hand, which was trying to get the best time on some parkour map Sapnap had found, so they could all practice for MCC.

~~~

A couple days later, and Dream was sat in his car on the way to his mom's house for dinner.

The drive wasn't that long or anything, only about 20 minutes, but the silence for that long would kill Dream.

He finally sucked it up and went to spotify, trying to pick something to play. He figured he might as well play something by Teddy Hyde, since his soulmate seems to like his music.