Office Interns

I've had the idea for the in my notes app for so long and I decided to finally write it lol. Sorry if the ending feels a little rushed, since it is lmao.

Also, one year ago today is when I subscribed to Dream :] so it's been a full year of me watching him (well, I watched a little before I subbed, but you get the point lol)

~♡♡♡♡~

Some new interns was supposed to be coming in today.

George was never excited for new interns. Usually, they'd come in, check the place out for a month, and get a job at a different department, different location, or only did it to get the experience and get a better job in the end.

None of the interns had ever stayed, and the few that did, usually left after 3 or 4 months. And it's not like the job is terrible of frustrating or something, it's really the opposite if anything. But, it just takes the right person to do it. After a while, sitting at a desk and coding things, putting together computer parts, and selling products can get boring for someone who does those things as just a hobby. But, for George, who loves it and would gladly do it for free for the rest of his life, this was the perfect job.

So, when new interns would show up, stay for a month and look over his shoulder to learn, he'd grow tired of them rather quickly.

The interns that would show up were usually in their last year of college, or a year out of college already and using the internship program to get more experience. The people coming in today were, apparently, mostly people already out of college, so people closer to George's age. He had turned 24 a couple months prior, having started working at the company his first year of college. So, most of the interns coming in would most likely be 21-24 as well.

The interns would normally come in about 30 minutes after work started, so that everyone could get everything together before they all came in. George was currently drinking a cup of tea and ordering new parts for computers. He usually started off his mornings pretty slow to wake up, and then by the afternoon he was head first into coding.

The front doors to the office opened, revealing one of the many tour guides as well as the many interns. There was enough interns to go with each worker, and since they were already in the main office area that ment they already checked in at the front desk.

"So everyone, these are the people you'll be working with and learning from. Everyone will be showing you what their job is and I already have the pairs listed here," the guide lifted his clip board that had a seating chart type arrangement -which reminded George a little too much of middle school. "So, I'll go ahead and call out the pairs so everyone knows where their going. If I call your name," the guide directed his attention to the seated workers, "just give the interns a little wave so they know who to go to" he ended with a small smile.

The guide began to list off a few pairs -George was already feeling empathetic for a few of his coworkers, especially Wilbur who was paired with an over excited blond named Tommy- and the brit watched as the the group slowly dwindled down.

One of the few people left of the group, a tall dirty blond that had caught George's eye from the start, even if he won't admit, was called out.

"Dream, your with George" the guide said, looking over to the brunet. George lifted his hand with a small wave, seeing the way the blonds head lifted when his name was called like a puppy.

"Hi" Dream greeted shyly with a nod of his head, taking a seat next to George. All of the desks already had an extra seat to accommodate for all the new company.

"Hey, just so you know the beginning of my day will be pretty boring since I need to write some emails, so, there's not too much to learn right now" George replied with a small laugh, Dream giggling along with him, starting a new email and typing quickly.