Scars

CHAPTER 69 LETS GOOOOOOOO

Anyways, minecraft au 😎 this one is like, a different au from the last mc oneshot btw :]

tw// scars from fighting, self consciousness, hurt/comfort (happy ending of course lmao)

~♡♡♡♡~

Dream had always been self conscious about the scars littering his body like ugly reminders.

From the long ones that ran across his back, or down his shin, or on his forearms, to the scars on his face and shoulders.

They had all been from fights with mobs or people,  fighting in the wrong place or time, or just not prepared enough to take them. The blond was strong enough to hold his own, but without a shield or anything to truly protect himself, scars were inevitable.

The one on his face was the worst one of them all. Not only did it hurt like a bitch when he got it, but it was also the most noticeable of them all.

He had got it from lava when he was in the nether, collecting potion ingredients for his boyfriend, George, and had miscalculated how far he could jump. His foot was misplaced, causing him to fall and the small puddle of lava on the ground was waiting for him.

It wasn't that big of a scar, due to the fact that he had a regeneration potion on him, but that could only do so much.

It definitely dulled the pain and cut down the scaring, but the darker patch of red skin on his jaw that went a little up to his cheek and almost to his ear was permanent damage.

He had starts to war a mask due to it, a white porcelain circle with a haphazardly drawn black smiley face, leather straps that went around his head clasped together with a silver buckle.

George had been worried to hell and back when Dream got home and the brit saw the burn marks, doing everything in his power to sooth the pain.

But, Dream being stubborn and not wanting to show his weak side, had promised he was fine and took care of himself when no one was looking.

Over time, the mark turned to a lighter pinkish red color, but it still stood out from the rest of his skin. He definitely wore his mask less when it had healed more, but on the off days the white porcelain was practically glued to his face.

But things had been fine for while. Untill they weren't.

Dream had gone for a walk around the village he and George lived in, visiting Sapnap at the blacksmith building to get his axe and sword repaired, as well as getting some meat and bread for dinner later that day.

As he walked down the markets path, pulling our his brown leather pouch to grab some gold nuggets to pay, a group of children were walking past him.

One of the kids, a short auburn haired boy had pointed up at the tall blond, calling out to his friends "Look at that fucked up scar!" and it felt like everyone was looking at him.

The adults in the village never pointed out his scars, unless they were curious about the story behind it, but little kids had pointed them out with the bluntness that only a child could carry.

Dream cringed at the words and continued to walk, trying to push down the self conscious thoughts that rose inside of him like bile and burning hot acid.