You Gotta Stop That - Austin & Mikey

Description: Idk what to do for a description lol... I just kind of created a story around the prompt up above. Much like my last short story :p (Around 1700 words.)

Austin's POV

"Michael!"

A small boy in the back of the room raised his hand, "Here! And I go by Mikey."

Mrs. Schmit smiled, "I love your enthusiasm. Your seat is up here next to Austin."

He nodded and gathered his stuff before coming and sitting down next to me.

He looks so adorable up close. He has pale baby blue hair that is very messy and covers his forehead. Wide brown eyes, pink cheeks, and his lips rest in a small smile. He's also probably a whole foot shorter than me.

He smiled at me, "Hi, I'm Mikey."

I nodded, "I'm Austin, nice to meet you."

He smiled wider and then grabbed a sketchbook and I could tell he got lost in his own world as he began to draw.

I'm gonna like being desk-mates with this boy.

**

"So what grade are you in?"

"Eleventh, you?" I asked, trying to draw a perfect circle and getting slightly frustrated when I kept failing.

"Tenth, although I get mistaken for a ninth-grader a lot because of how short I am."

I smiled a little.

The way he said that in a slight pout was absolutely adorable.

"Wanna know the trick to drawing a mostly perfect circle?"

I laughed a little, setting my pencil down, "What gave you that impression?"

He smiled and slid his sketchbook closer to me, "The trick is to put your pencil on the paper very very lightly. And, instead of trying to make just one circle with one line, let yourself be sketchy and artsy and go over the circle multiple times like this..." he drew a circle and it looked perfect, "see? Now you try."

I nodded and did as he said and I made a pretty decent circle! It wasn't as good as his but it looked better than my past attempts.

He smiled, "Like that. It'll take a bit of practice to perfect it more."

"Thanks, Mikey."

He nodded and moved back, "It's no problem!"

As he focused back on his project, I subtly watched him.

I do that occasionally... he gets so focused and immersed in his work it's cool to watch. His eyes never leave the paper, if they do it's only for a moment to look at a reference or Mrs. Schmit if she's talking. He gets close to the paper, almost like he can't see what he's doing if he's sitting back. And when he's really focused or maybe stumped on what else to add, he'll chew on his bottom lip. A few times he's gotten either really stumped or focused. At the end of class part of his bottom lip is slightly swollen. I am not going to lie... each time it's happened, I've had a hard time not staring at his lips.

**

"For this project, I want all of you to draw a portrait of your desk partner. It must be realistic, but it is your choice if you color or shade it with pencil or charcoal. So give each other a picture of yourselves and get to work. I don't know when these are going to be due yet."

Mikey smiled, "That sounds like fun!" He got his phone out, "Wanna send photos or take one right now?"

"We can take one right now."