My Prince - James & Liam

Description: James Astor, son of the royal Astors, was a... mistake. His parents never meant to have him, so they hid him away. The only people even aware of his existence are his parents and the servants of the castle. No one outside of the castle is aware of the heir of the throne. There are few people that he comes in contact with. The cook, two maids depending on the day, a butler, and another 17-year-old named Liam, James' cleaner. Though he doesn't have a tough job because James is very clean. He has only so much he can do trapped away in a small wing of the castle. He is not allowed out of the castle, let alone his rooming area. But, one day, captivity for 17 years finally got to him and he asked Liam for help. Together, every day, they break rules and get closer. One day, maybe closer than boys should. (Around 5080 words)

*This is a weird concept. Okay. Work with me. This is the present day. 20.... hmm... let's say 2016. A made-up country off the coast of California. The country is not part of the US, it's its own country... obviously lol. But it is very similar. Except instead of a president, it is ruled by the King and Queen Astor and... yeah. Woo. Lol here goes.

James' POV

"Will you be needing anything, boy?" My butler Carter said to me.

I continued to stare at the locked window across from my bed.

I never talk to Carter. I don't like him and he doesn't like me. He never treated me like a human being, he only treated me as what I apparently am. A mistake.

He sighed, as he does every day, "This is why your mother is constantly crying."

When I was younger that would have hurt. But I'm used to his verbal abuse by now.

A little over 17 years ago, my mother gave birth to me. My parents were not happy about that. They wanted to live children-free lives, to not have to worry about more duties than they had to, I guess. Cowards. So they threw me to the maids immediately. The only way my mother has ever cared for me was when she put her breast milk in a bottle for me to drink and not starve. That's all the contact I had with either of them. Carter says they never even held me. Maybe that's why I'm not too bothered by being alone. But that doesn't mean I don't want to go outside. I've never seen my parents. They and all the maids and butlers and any other workers here, keep me holed up in my 'wing'. Which is just my small room and small bathroom. Anything I need comes here, I've only ever met less than 10 people in my life. No one else knows about me. It's why I'm not allowed outside, everyone feels shame because of me. Like it was my choice to be born. As miserable as this life is, I have yet to try to end it. I figure I can't be a whole mistake. At some point in my life, I will serve a purpose. I just have to be patient and wait for that time. So, until then, I will wait here. For now though my purpose is cleaning, organizing, rearranging, eating, and doing nothing. I also talk occasionally to the maids.

There was a small knock at my door, "Sir Astor, your dinner, sir."

"Come in."

The door opened and someone walked in when she set down my meal tray in front of me I saw who it was. She's a maid in the kitchen, assistant to the chef I think, her name is Maisy. Pretty name.

I smiled at her, "Thank you."

She nodded and did a small bow and left, closing my door behind her.

All the servants- I hate that word -call me sir or prince. All except Carter. Who calls me boy because it's somewhat belittling. Shows power in age... or something. I don't like when they do it, but they won't stop. To them, I'm royalty so they will show me some respect. Not as much as my parents. I heard the servants aren't even allowed to look at them. I've never met them, even though we are in the same place, but I know they are not good people. I hope to never be like them.