New Neighbor - Jasper & Nolan

Description: Jasper is the new kid on the block. At age 18, in his senior year, he and his 3 sisters moved because their mother got a new job in a new state. Yes, he is alone in a home with 4 girls, his sisters are younger too. He moved to a warm state, in a very scenic neighborhood, with nice neighbors and very good schools nearby. He could almost puke at how perfect this all seemed to be. He's upset at moving in the middle of his last year of high school. But once he saw his next-door neighbor... his view on the move lightened. Nolan has lived in the same house his whole life. He lives with both parents and his younger twin siblings, one of each gender. He is 17 and also a senior, but one of the youngest in his grade. Considering he will graduate a month before his 18th birthday. He has a pretty normal life. He has a good group of friends, he's decently active, isn't hated by a lot of people, and he is out as gay to the whole school. Everything was going normal until a new neighbor appeared. That's when things got more interesting. (Around 4800 words)

Jasper's POV

Moving in the middle of my senior year of high school to a different state and different school. This is a very shitty circumstance with very shitty timing. But I'm trying to think more positively about it, for my mom and my sisters. I am the man of the house, I can't be all grumpy all the time. Okay, that isn't the whole reason. Also because I want to make the rest of this year count and I can't do that if I'm brooding all the time. I'm finally over my ex... I am looking forward to this change because I can meet someone new. Someone who won't cheat on me with my best friend. But whatever. I'm over it and I'm done with both of them. I'm leaving all of my last house and last life behind.

"Hey, emo kid in the back!"

I let out a laugh and took my earbuds out. My mom always jokes about me being emo because I love my leather jacket and I always wear black jeans and shoes. Even though that is a very normal teenage boy outfit... she still insists. Also, I am the oldest out of all three of my sisters, but I like being in the back. I don't know why.

"Yes, mother dear?"

She laughed back at me, "Ten minutes until arrival at the new house!"

I nodded even though she couldn't see, "Okay cool, can't wait."

I am the only person that didn't see the house beforehand. I just didn't want to see it until we actually got to it... I don't know why. I'm being a weird teenager/young adult/whatever the hell I am classified as. Anyway. All I know about it is there is a basement and I called dibs on the bedroom down there. And because I don't ask for a lot, I actually get it. Which is awesome because I wanted the basement room at our last house but my 16-year-old sister got it. Which I thought was stupid because she was only like 12 and I was 14. But oh well.

"We're here! Remember, before we file out, you can go in and explore right away. But help me by taking at least one box with you right away." She pressed the button to pop the trunk which had a couple of boxes (most were in the U-Haul truck though), "K, you can go."

All my sisters squealed and ran out immediately. I sat back while they grabbed the smallest boxes and ran inside the house. Which was locked so they had to run back to our mom to get the key. I laughed at that. How could I not? After that fiasco, I got out and actually grabbed like five boxes and put them on a dolly and took them inside. Which earned me a kiss on the cheek and a "Thank you, honey, you are amazing!" from my mom.

I put the boxes in the living room area and took the dolly back outside to talk to my mom for a sec.

I also gave it to her so moving boxes would be easier, "Hey, mom? I'm gonna look around and then I'll be out to help you more. The house looks amazing, by the way. What I've seen anyways."