Reverse - Aiden & Jace

Description: Aiden Hayes is what you'd consider your average high school nerd. Glasses, all A's, always has his face stuffed in a book. Until his senior year, when he decided he'd make the best of his final year in high school and come out of his shell. He replaced his glasses for contacts, he kept all A's but studied less, and talked more. Aiden Hayes is now the Spitfire Nerd of the school who isn't afraid to do what he wants or talk back to the popular kids. Jace Moore is one of the many popular kids that noticed Jace after his transformation. But he also noticed him before. Jace is a soft-spoken boy, he isn't shy but he doesn't talk much when he doesn't need to. Along with being soft-spoken, Jace is also the school's soccer star. And the first out gay person in their school. Aiden is also gay but he's not out because he doesn't feel like people need to know. Jace has been on his radar for a long time, but up until now, he's never thought about talking to him. Let's see what happens when these personalities finally meet. (Around 3000 words)

Aiden's POV

"Damn, look at all the attention you're getting," my best friend Grant whispered beside me.

I laughed a little, "It's cause I had a glow-up."

He scoffed, talking normally now, "Yeah, you took your glasses off. What a change."

I shrugged as we stopped in front of my locker, "We've been in school for a week already and you're not used to it?"

He laughed and leaned up against the lockers as I went through mine. "How could I ever get used to my best friend coming out of his shell and making us popular?"

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever. I can't find my goddamned math book."

"Did you check if it's already in your bag?"

I shook my head and went to look but then Grant burst out in laugher, "It's right there dude! Dead center."

I groaned as I looked and saw it, suddenly realizing everything is blurry, "I forgot to put my contacts in..."

"So put your glasses on."

"Nah, I'll just be blind for a day."

He shrugged, "Suit yourself. We better head to class, we only have two minutes till the bell."

I nodded and we walked to our shared first-hour class. This will be a fun day.

**

I have failed at putting in my locker combo for the sixth time. How is it so hard to do this now? I did it earlier! I groaned and kicked the bottom of it out of frustration. I'm gonna be late for science.

There was a small laugh beside me, "Need some help?"

I looked over and smiled, "That would be amazing."

Quiet, popular-boy Jace smiled back at me and took my place in front of my locker, "What's the combo?"

"Eight, thirty, twelve."

He got it open on his first try, of course, because he can see!

"Thank you so much," I said as I rushed to put books away and grab my science book. "I forgot to put my contacts in this morning so I'm low-key blind. I'll see you in sixth hour!"

He nodded smiling and then I bolted across the school. I walked through my class' door as the bell rang.

**

"Hey, jackass!"

The dude looked up from the small girl he was harassing, "What?"

I glanced between him and the girl, who looked terrified, "Leave the girl alone."