Breath - Jack & Fin

Full Title: You Gave Me My Breath Back

Description: You've all heard the phrase "You took my breath away" right? Well, this story is the reverse of that. Eighteen-year-old Fin had never taken a breath in his life. He didn't breathe but he was alive – don't ask the science behind it it's just how he was. Doctors didn't know why. Nobody did. They just took it as a miracle that he was still alive. Jack was Fin's best friend, they'd been buddies their whole lives, and he was the only person outside of Fin's family and doctors that knew he didn't breathe. He never questioned it – he actually used it to his advantage and made bets on who could hold their breath longer – Fin or the challenger. No one ever beat Fin ;) When the boys started to feel things for each other that they never thought they'd feel... something even more unexpected happened. (Around 2500 words.)

Fin's POV

"Either of you want a cookie?" Jack asked, holding up a ten, "My treat."

I rolled my eyes and swatted the money, "Yeah, your treat with money you got from exploiting me."

Jack and Mia both laughed, and Jack patted my shoulder, "How am I exploiting you if I'm offering you payment?"

I rose an eyebrow, "A cookie?"

Mia giggled, "You two are weird, just let him get you a cookie. And I'll take one too!"

Jack nodded and gave us both finger guns, "You got it."

As he walked away to go buy cookies, I shook my head, "Why am I friends with that kid?"

Mia nudged my arm, "Because you think how he acts is cute."

My face heated up as I looked over at my baby sister, "W-what?"

She giggled, "Don't deny it, or I'll tell Luke you were the one who broke the Mario Kart DVD."

I gasped dramatically, "You wouldn't..."

She smiled innocently, "So?"

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever. Think what you want, crazy child."

"What can she think?" Jack asked with his mouth full of cookie as he sat back down.

"Don't worry about it, give me my cookie."

He swallowed what was in his mouth and stuck his tongue out at me as he handed me my cookie, then handed Mia hers.

Maybe Mia was right... but I'd never actually say it.

**

I plopped face-first onto Jack's bed, "I am so tired."

He poked the back of my head, "Careful, you might suffocate yourself."

I lifted my head for only a second to give him a look, and then laid it back down.

He found that very funny though, he collapsed beside me in a heap of laughter. His laughter was always so contagious, that I couldn't help but let out muffled laughs along with him, my face still stuffed in his mattress.

I felt another poke on my head, "So what'd you wanna do?"

I thought for a minute before rolling onto my side to be able to look at him, "I'm exhausted, let's just like watch movies and lay around."

He nodded, "Sure," then he poked my nose, "what movie do you wanna watch?"

I shrugged, "Too tired to choose. You choose."

He laughed as he got up, "Alright, drama queen."

Maybe five minutes later he finally chose a movie and put it into his DVD player.