Colorblind - Aiden & Benji

Description: Colorblind soulmate au, with a twist. Everyone is colorblind until they meet their soulmate for the first time -- they can suddenly see colors. Well. Once every century there is a pair of soulmates who have such a strong bond, one of them is colorblind -- but the other is completely blind. They cannot see a thing until they are right in front of their soulmate, and the seeing soulmate is looking at the blind soulmate. When two online classmates, one colorblind and one blind, decide to meet up -- what will happen? (Around 1550 words)

Benji's POV

"Benji?"

I pressed the button under my finger to unmute myself, "Yes?"

"Could you please answer this next question? I'll read it out to you."

I nodded quickly -- even though I knew my camera was off and she couldn't see me.

She read off some complicated math problem, and as usual, I stayed muted for a second to let my brain process it.

"Forty-two and three-eighths?"

"That's incorrect. Aiden, do you know the answer?"

I muted myself and sighed.

I hated math.

"Thirty-eight point five," Aiden responded after a few seconds.

"Correct, Aiden. Benjamin, you must focus in class."

"Yes, ma'am," I said, unmuting myself for only a second.

I paid attention for the rest of the lesson, but didn't understand anything.

"That's all for today. Don't forget to do your assignment tonight."

Everyone said goodbye and logged off.

A second after I closed my laptop, my phone began buzzing and the voice spoke, "Aiden is calling."

I smiled as I pressed my volume button to answer the call, "Hey."

"Hey," he replied -- I could tell he was upset.

"What's wrong?"

He laughed lightly, "How can you tell something's wrong?"

"Just spill," I said.

I didn't like it when he was upset.

"Ms. Lammers is an asshole."

"Hm? She did it again?"

"Yes," he said angrily, "the damn answer was on her screen. She was just trying to embarrass you."

A small smile formed on my face.

He was always so protective of me when he saw teachers being unfair to me. Sadly, it happened a lot.

"Whatever, all she did was show the class that she's an asshole. Don't let it upset you. Okay?"

He sighed, "Alright..."

I smiled, "So how was your day? Have a lot of work to do?"

He let out a long, dramatic groan, "I have so much work! These teachers give us way too much."

"If you did it all on time, you wouldn't have so much to do at once," I teased.

"Ha ha."

I giggled, "Well, stop slacking, mister! Go do your work."

"But I'd rather talk to you..."

My face got hot, "Shut up. See you tomorrow."

He laughed, "Shy?"