Gutsy Nerd - Finn & Easton

Description: Finn Porter has liked Easton Kace, the popular boy, for quite some time. But Finn is a quote-unquote nerd. He wears glasses and isn't a part of the popular squad. But he isn't a shy super smart kid either. No, he speaks his mind to anyone, no matter their school rank and he gets decent B's and occasional C's in classes. One day, Finn decides-- screw waiting for him to notice me. I'm gonna make a move. And a move he made. (Around 2400 words)

Finn's POV

I'm being such a typical teenager right now and writing a note to my crush. And not even a unique note. Nope. I'm writing 'Do you like me? Check yes or no. -Finn'. I get embarrassed by myself sometimes.

So to put this into perspective. I'm seventeen, a basic definition of a nerd, and I like the school's star-boy jock. Also, I'm giving him a note to tell him how I feel about him. Yeah, I'm gonna make a total fool of myself but I don't care. I'm out as gay and I'm not a shy person so I figured I don't have much to lose, might as well try to get the boy of my dreams. Right? I just made the note. I plan to give it to him in our art class because we sit next to each other. Not by choice, but because the teacher likes torturing us with assigned seats. I can't complain though. I get to laugh at Easton's awful art skills every day. It usually gets me glares from him, but hey... at least he acknowledges my presence so this isn't that cliche.

I sat down in my seat and waited for him to get to class. The good thing about art, is his football jock friends aren't in it. So it's perfect to 'confess my love' to him. Once he sat down, I slid the note in front of his face and he gave me a look but turned it over to see what it said anyway. I smirked a little when I saw his shocked expression after he read it. But that soon left my face as I saw him check and then start writing immediately.

That can't be good.

Once he finished writing, he turned it over and slid it back to me. Then he went on his phone and put his earbuds in. Probably so I wouldn't talk to him after I saw his reply.

I turned the paper over and wasn't surprised at the answer. He checked no and wrote 'I'm not gay' in all caps.

Oh well. I will not give up.

**

Today is the day I finally grow a pair and do more than hint at Easton. Yeah. I'm gonna get off my ass and make a move on him. A real move. I know he said he isn't gay... but come on. I'm pretty good looking if I do say so myself, and lots of popular guys end up, in the end, coming out as gay in college. So all else fails... I'm outing him a little early for his liking. Oh well.

My plan is this. He's the star quarterback of our high school's football team. They have practice today after school. So after practice, I'll call him over to like the side or whatever and I'll kiss him, out of the blue. And we'll see what happens. I'm not scared of someone seeing because I'm out as gay, and we live in an area that is pretty accepting of LGBT people. There isn't any bullying because someone is gay, bi, or trans, but there is teasing if you're out as anything else. Because people are still ignorant as f. But yeah, so the plan will work. Either he kisses me back, pushes me away, or... I don't know what else he'd do so that's it. Besides being in football, Easton isn't a violent guy. He's pretty nice. And very good looking. Hence why I like him.

The practice is over in a minute, so I'm getting in position. If I just stand up and walk towards the field but still near the stands, I think that'll be the best place. He won't get too suspicious of me and not every single person outside right now will see me kiss him. I mean, I may not care who sees but I know he will.

"Hey, Easton!" He looked over at me, a confused look spread across his face.

I motioned for him to come over to where I was standing.