Bullies - Charlie & Kyle

Description: Charlie gets bullied every day by this group of kids in his grade. They make fun of his braces because he's a senior but still has braces. Which isn't weird but they wanted an excuse to be mean to him. It's a group of four boys, the same ones, every time. Except one never does anything, he stands behind the rest with his arms crossed. That's Kyle. He doesn't think it's right for his friends to bully Charlie. But he doesn't say anything because he knows they won't stop and it might make the bullying worse. Both boys are gay but closeted and they have never spoken a word to each other before. What will happen when they do? (Around 3700 words)

*I really hope this story isn't a fail. I wasn't sure if I should post it. I don't like stories where a person falls in love with their bully that abuses them. And I don't want this story to seem like that. To be clear: KYLE DOES NOT BULLY CHARLIE.

Charlie's POV

"Hey, Charlie-kins."

I sighed and turned around from my locker to be faced by the same group I see every day.

"Yeah?"

"Still a brace face?"

My face went red. My family hasn't been financially stable until recently so I got my braces later than most kids. I'm 17 and in my senior year and I have braces. Most people don't care or notice. Not these guys.

"Huh, you gonna answer him?" Mitch asked while shoving my shoulder into the lockers. The bullying is physical sometimes but not often.

"Yes. Why do you guys care?"

Jay, the first one to talk, glared at me, "What kind of freak has braces when they're 18?"

I looked down, "I'm 17."

They all laughed, "Aw, such a little baby. You gonna wet your pants?"

My face got red again, from embarrassment and anger. I can't take on three guys by myself... otherwise, I'd have fought back by now. After months of this shit. I quickly glanced up to see if I could spot Kyle and I saw him standing behind Ben with his arms crossed, looking back at me. I only glanced so I didn't get a good look at him but there was an expression there. Almost like he feels bad for me. Why won't he say anything?

Mitch caught my glance and laughed, "What, are you gay?"

I looked at him, willing my composure to come back so I don't out myself, "No."

I am... but I don't need to give them more things to bully me about. Hell no.

The warning bell rang and Kyle spoke up finally, "Let's get to class."

The boys looked at him and rolled their eyes.

Jay got up in my face, "See ya later brace-face."

After they got out of earshot I muttered, "Real original."

I sighed and banged my head against my locker. Why do they pick on me? It's not like I look like a nerd or as unpopular as I am... besides my braces. I have dark brown hair, I usually wear a snapback of some sort, I have blue eyes, freckles. I'm 5'10 so not short, and I dress normally in skinny jeans and hoodies. I do have super worn-down Vans but these are my favorite shoes. It doesn't make sense to me.

The late bell rang and I groaned, "Shit. I'm late."

**

I do have one friend in this god-awful school. But he's been having family emergencies with his grandparents so he hasn't been to school a lot lately. We text but I'm alone in school now so I'm an easier target. All they have to do is get me alone because on the rare occasion someone will stick up for me and make them leave.