Finally - Will & Adam

Description: Will and Adam have been best friends since kindergarten. They always did everything together. But one day in middle school, Will moved across the country. They were both devastated but determined to never lose contact. And they never did. After two years of being apart, Will told Adam that he is gay. Adam was very accepting and told him that no matter what they will always stay best friends. Nothing can change that. Two years after that, Will got a boyfriend. Adam was very happy for him because he only wanted what was best for his friend. But one day when Will has his heartbroken, it makes Adam realize something he's been blind to for years. (Around 2670 words)

Adam's POV

I tried to FaceTime Will but it hung up right away. Which is weird because we always call at this time every day. We try not to make plans till later or earlier so we can talk to each other every day.

A- Hey, you busy?

W- No...

A- Is something wrong? Oh god, did you and Kyle break up?

*Incoming FaceTime From Will*

I quickly accepted the call and immediately my heart dropped.

Will's eyes were puffy and red and you could see tear stains down his cheeks.

"Oh my god, Will are you okay?"

He started crying again but through the sobs, he managed to choke out, "N-no... h-he c-cheated on me..."

A mix of sadness and anger rushed through me. He cheated on my best friend and made him cry. That is not okay.

"I'm so sorry, Will. He is an asshole and you deserve way better."

"I-I know... but I really liked him. And he... he cheated on me with his ex-girlfriend. I walked in on them and he called me a fag and told me to leave and never come b-back..." He burst into tears again.

"I wish I could give you a hug. I'd hold you as long as you need me to and tell you it'll be okay. But it will be okay. With time, you'll heal and find someone who will treat you right."

Like me...

Wait, what?

I pushed the thought to the back of my head when Will nodded, "You're right... thank you. C-could we talk about something else? I need a distraction."

I smiled, "You got it. So, wanna hear about all the fun the homecoming dance was? It'll definitely cheer you up. Oh my god, it was awful."

He giggled lightly, "You're just being dramatic, but yes, tell me all about it."

As he smiled, I saw a certain glint in his eyes that happens when he gets happy. And it made me feel on top of the world. I love that I can make him smile even when he's really sad. The glint lets me know I did my job, I made my boy happy.

**

It's been two weeks, and I am happy to say that Will is over the dickwad that broke his heart. He told me it was easier to get over him when he replayed the moment he called him a fag with this look of pure hatred. He said it made him realize that, yeah, he is a jackass and doesn't deserve his time of day.

But ever since last week, I realized something. After Will told me what happened, I kept having this one thought raced across my mind every time I talked to him.

I could treat you better, Will. If you give me a chance.

I keep thinking about that. And the more I think about it... the more I believe it's true... the more I actually want to say it to him. I mean, I can't... because we've been friends for so long. He couldn't possibly see me like that. No, I'm just the boy that has been complaining about the heat and sweatiness of Florida's climate for years. The boy saying I'm jealous that he lives in Wisconsin now. I'm the same boy that he told was gay years ago and then the same boy that he gushed to about his boyfriend. I'll only ever just be his best friend. I can deal with that... right?