Chapter 80: A Chat with a Fire Breathing Dragon.

Biting down on her bottom lip in a worried and nervous manner, Taryn held her breath as she stayed kneeled down behind a pile of gold. The little pregnant She-Elf and the Hobbit were trying their best to hide and not be seen by Smaug.

As Smaug's eye began to look around she just prayed that he would not see the two of them. Looking down at Bilbo who was kneeled down next to her, Taryn furrowed her eyebrows and made a curious face as she saw him searching into his pocket and pulling out the ring that she knew he found back when they were in the Goblin Caves.

Watching as Bilbo just stared at the ring for a few seconds she wondered what he was thinking. She knew if he put it on he would become invisible and of course that would help him not be caught by Smaug, but that would not help her hide better. She was truly doomed right now. Hearing Smaug starting to raise his head, Taryn's pale blue eyes widened in fright as she looked from Bilbo and up at where the dragon was.

Looking back down at Bilbo, Taryn let out a silent gasp as she saw the Hobbit sliding the ring onto his finger. As the Hobbit instantly became invisible she sighed since she was the only one that could possibly be seen now. She was truly terrified that she was going to get caught.

As she heard what sounded like Smaug sniffing the air, Taryn looked up again and held her breath as she crouched down as much as she could. Looking up again her pale blue eyes widened, as she saw the dragon raising his head. 'I am so screwed,' she thought to herself from her hiding place behind the pile of gold.

Feeling Bilbo suddenly grabbing her hand and pulling her down to the side to get out of the way of being seen by Smaug, Taryn let out a little gasp. She could feel his hand on her hand but of course she still couldn't see him. However, due to being an Elf she could sense him.

"Well, thief, I smell you. I hear your breath. I feel your air. Where are you?" Smaug said to mainly Bilbo.

Slowly Bilbo stood up and pulled Taryn along with him. As Smaug moved his head back and forth around the place where Bilbo was invisibly standing, he and Taryn duck to avoid being knocked over. Her pale blue eyes widened in fear, as Smaug stared exactly at her.

"You are not alone thief." Smaug said as he saw Taryn for the first time. "Who are you? What are you? You are short and little, but you aren't a Dearf." Smaug said to Taryn, as he began to move his head closer to her.

Letting out soft gasp, Taryn bit down on her bottom lip and squeezed her eyes shut as she expected Smaug would automatically kill her. 'This is it... I'm done for. I'm never going to get to see Thorin, be held by him, or kiss him again... We won't get to have our baby.. our unborn child and I are going to be burnt to a crisp by this dragon,' she thought to herself as her clutched her pregnant belly with one hand.

Feeling a still invisible Bilbo pull her along as he began to run down the mountain of treasure, Taryn let out a soft groan as she began to run along with him. Her hand held onto his hand tightly. As the two of them ran for their lives the coins that the mountain of treasure was made up of became dislodged by their feet.

Although Smaug could not see Bilbo due to his ring he was wearing, he could obviously see Taryn as she ran along with Bilbo. As an Elf she could run very fast and was light on her feet, but she had no ability to become invisible from the dragon. She knew this was definitely a problem and would most likely get her killed. She was fast but she doubted she was fast enough to outrun a huge fire breathing dragon.

Luckily she could tell where Bilbo was leading her to due to the coins falling as he ran along side of her, but that meant Smaug could tell where he was going also. Which meant that Smaug was fast on their tail, as he followed them rapidly and Taryn thought there was no way of getting away from him. Feeling Bilbo pulling her behind a stone outcropping, Taryn ducked down and let out a soft sigh as Smaug continued to search for them.