Chapter 84: The Durin Prince and the Captain of the Guard.

Soon morning came as the sky began to lighten in a shade of beautiful pinks and purples, before turning into a pale yellow. The rays of the sun lightly shined through the heavy clouds that stayed in place, as the new day began. The dragon was now dead which brought hope, but with how many people lost their loved ones along with their homes no one was thinking this was a good thing.

On the banks of the lake the refugees and the wreckage from Laketown were attempting to make their way out of the freezing cold water. People were screaming and crying, as they searched for their family members hoping that they were still alive. Some pieces of wreckage from the town were still on fire, showing the true desolation of Smaug. The bodies of the dead were washing up on the shore.

Meanwhile, some of the survivors were collecting things together and began helping each other as they tried salvaging whatever supplies they could. People were passing out blankets and anything to warm people up as they came out of the water and made their way up the shore.

The group of Dwarves that were left behind, along with Tauriel, Sigrid, and Tilda reach the lake shore in their boat. Pulling the boat up onto the bank of the lake, Tauriel headed off with Sigrid and Tilda and walk about as they looked for the girls' father Bard and brother Bain. The girls refused to believe that their father had died in the aftermath of the dragon. But as time wore on, and the last of the people came ashore, the girls grew desperate.

"DA!" Sigrid called out for her father.

"DA!" Tilda's little voice yelled out.

"DA!" Sigrid yelled out again, as she walked with her little sister and Tauriel.

People were still screaming and crying all about, as they began the pull the bodies of their loved ones out of the water and onto the shore of the lake. The Dwarves, Óin, Bofur, and Fíli grab a boat, and began to push it out into the water. They were going to head to the Lonely Mountain to join the rest of the Dwarves, Taryn, and Bilbo who were already in the mountain. If they were still alive that was, none of them knew the fate of their kin and friends.

Kíli looked around on the shore, before he began to approach Tauriel. "Tauriel." He called out to the red headed she-elf.

"Kíli, come on! We're leaving." Fíli called out to his younger brother from the boat, as he turned and looked at him.

"They are your people - You must go." Tauriel said softly to Kíli with a look of sad and guardedness on her face, before she began to walk past him.

Kíli looked distraught for a second, before he whirled around and faced Tauriel again. "Come with me. I know how I feel; I'm not afraid. You make me feel alive." He said in a happy manner to her.

Tauriel turned her head away, as she let out a soft sigh. "I can't." She said softly as she looked away from him.

Kíli reached out and grabbed her arm giving her a soft smile, as he looked at her. "Tauriel, amrâlimê." He said to her in a loving manner
(It means "my love" in Khuzdûl.)

Tauriel turned her head back and looked at Kíli in a shocked and surprised manner. "I don't know what that means." She said as she stared down at him.

Kíli smiled at the red headed she-elf, as he kept his eyes on her. "I think you do." He said softly.

Tauriel smiled at Kíli and began to lean down towards him, but then she suddenly straightened up and her face turned into a blank expression as she stood up fully again.

"Hîr nín, Legolas." She addressed Legolas without looking back at him, as she sensed him approaching her from behind.
(It means "My Lord Legolas" in Sindarin.)

Standing in front of Tauriel still Kíli looked on with hostility over her shoulder as he stared at Legolas.

"Maewado i Naug." Legolas said as he glared back at Kíli. "Boe i nadh egeno." He commanded Tauriel.
(It means "Take your leave of the Dwarf" and "You are needed elsewhere" in Sindarin.)

Tauriel looked on at Kíli for a few more seconds, then, torn by her duty, she began to turn away. Kíli sadly turned towards his kin and friends launching the boat. He suddenly paused and took in a deep breath, before he turned around and hurried back to Tauriel. He took her hand into his own hand and placed his black ruin stone into it, folding her fingers closed over it. She gasped and looked at him as he got close to her face and held her hands to his heart.

"Keep it. As a promise." He said to her in a loving manner.

They smile at each other for a moment, before Kíli turned and ran back towards the boat. Legolas looked on, confused with a frown on his face as he watched the two of them. Tauriel looked down at the stone in her hand, she then looked after Kíli and the Dwarves in the boat; as her eyes welled up with tears as she kept her gaze on the young Durin Prince. Kíli looked back at her for several moments, before he began rowing.

———————————————————————————

That is the end of this chapter. I'm sorry that it's such a short chapter. I have been trying to make my chapters longer now. But, I am a Kíli and Tauriel fan, so I wanted to write all of their moments together. I will go back to Taryn and Thorin in the mountain in the next chapter. Here comes more of the dragon sickness oh boy haha. I'm not sure how long it'd take Óin, Bofur, Fíli, and Kíli to get from the lake to the entrance of Erebor, but I want to do at least one chapter of Taryn and Thorin and dragon sickness before the other dwarves arrive and Bilbo warns them about Thorin. I will start writing the next chapter soon. I've got to figure out my plans still lol.

Thank you to everyone who has read this story, voted for it, and commented on it. Please keep it up. I really appreciate it all. 🖤