Chapter 48: My One.

The pictures are of: 1. Thorin and Taryn on the swing in the garden (I couldn't find a good angle for a double swing). 2. Taryn and Thorin kissing (pretend the chick has blonde hair). 3. Taryn with her cousin Arwen in Rivendell.

-------------------------------------

"Thorin why do you have my ring?" she asked him confused by what was going on.

"I may have had help getting the ring back from your uncle and your maids. I had her take it last time you bathed." He explained to her. "Though I'm not sure how you just now realized that it was missing." Thorin said with a chuckle.

Taryn looked down at him just more confused. "I don't understand why did you take it back? Do you no longer want me to have it?" She asked with a hurt tone of voice.

Thorin let out a light sigh and shook his head. "No of course, I didn't want it back." He said and took a pause to figure out his wording. "Princess Táriel Calithiliel, I want you to be my wife. I have loved you for over a century. Even when I thought you were dead, I never stopped loving you. You are the most important thing in my life. I know in my heart that you are my One. I just love all of you with all of my heart. You have changed me for the better. You have always stood beside me from the moment we had found each other. You fight for me and with me to reclaim my homeland. You're my other half. Menu zirup men (you complete me). Men lananubukhs menu (I love you). The One, that I will never let go. I will protect you with my body, I will protect you with my life." He breathed out and took a long pause. Taryn was about to say something but he started again.

"I can promise you I will love you for the rest of my life. I will never love another. I will never desire another. I will give you my life and body. In return I ask you to be mine and mine alone. Don't go anywhere without my safety. I would blame myself if anything happened to you, ghivashel. I won't allow another's touch on your skin. I want to be your first and last. The only one who you will give yourself to." He paused again as he let out a shaky breath.

"I don't want to go back to courting you. I want you to become Athanu men (my Queen). Will you wear this ring again on your finger and not the necklace please?" He asked as he held up the ring. "Will you give me the honor of making me the happiest dwarf in Middle Earth? Will you marry me? Be mine forever, my Azyûngal?" He asked her as he smiled lovingly at her.

Taryn let out a chuckle as the tears continued to roll down her cheeks. "Is this why you stole my ring?" She asked him curiously as she raised an eyebrow at him. "You wanted to re-propose to me?"

Thorin let out a chuckle and nodded his head. "Maybe."

Taryn smiled down at him, as he was still kneeling on the ground in front of her. "Of course I still want to marry you Thorin. Gi melin (I Love You). You are my One. I never gave up hope that you were still alive, just stopped looking eventually for no harm would come to my kin. But since we have found each other again, I never want to be apart from you again. I want to be yours forever and only yours, meleth nîn (my love). I want to become your Queen. So, yes of course I will be betrothed to you again. I will marry you Thorin." She said to him as she moved her hands to his cheeks and looked at him lovingly with a big smile on her face. "Really I was wondering when we were going to talk about us. Not that the kissing hasn't been great," she said with a smirk and let out a chuckle.

Thorin smiled cheekily at Taryn. He leaned up and slowly pulled her close to his chest. He placed his lips on her's and gave her a short, but sweet kiss. "That makes me so happy to hear, Azyûngal." He said after pulling back from the kiss.

Picking up the ring Thorin smiled widely as he placed it on the tip of her left hand ring finger. "Please don't take it off again, Ghivashel." He said as he slid the ring all the way onto her finger. "Even if something happens to me."