Chapter 42: Wargs and Orcs.

Before anyone can object, Radagast jumps back onto his sled. Taryn looked on from behind Thorin. She wanted to make sure her friend was careful, but Thorin wouldn't let her leave from the spot behind him. Radagast and his rabbits shoot out of the forest, and the Wargs start chasing him. Gandalf and Taryn watches from behind a rock as Radagast and the Wargs disappear in the distance.

"Come on!" Gandalf yelled out to the company.

The Company emerged from the rock and rushes across a rocky plain. Thorin leads the company, as he holds onto Taryn with one hand. "Stay close to me," he whispers into her ear as she runs behind him.

In the distance, Radagast is being chased by the Wargs. One of them crashes while trying to catch him. As the Company runs across the plain, they see the Wargs not too far from them, so they hide behind the rocks.

"Stay together," Gandalf advised.

"Move!" Thorin shouted to the company as they turned to run again. Taryn ran close behind Thorin with one hand on her ribs. It was obvious that she was still in a great amount of pain.

No matter where they run, they seem to cross paths with Radagast and the pack of wargs and orcs. They reach a large rock and start to run again, but then Radagast rushes past them. Thorin was behind the rock so that he is not seen by the Wargs. Ori starts to run out of the cover.

"Ori, no! Come back!" Thorin yelled, as he reached and pulled the young dwarf back behind the rock. Taryn crouches low right behind Thorin, she can hardly take the pain from her ribs and head anymore.

"Come on! Quick!" Urged Gandalf as he waved for them all to move again.

Taryn let out a low painful groan as she clutched her side.

Thorin frowned as he looked at Gandalf. "Where are you leading us?" He questioned Gandalf as everyone but Taryn ran passed him.

Gandalf ignored Thorin's question, instead he simply looked upon their surroundings and moved on past him. Thorin lets out a sigh as he looks over to Taryn. She simply shrugs her shoulders, pretending to not know where Gandalf is leading them. Of course she knew this was the way to the secret entrance for Rivendell. After she shrugged, Thorin proceeded to run with Taryn running right behind him.

As the Warg scouts chase Radagast, one of them stops and scents the air. The dwarves take cover behind an outcropping of rock. The scout and his Warg appear on top of the outcropping, scenting the air. Taryn leans up against the rock in between Thorin and Kíli.

Thorin looks at Kíli and nods; readying an arrow, Kíli quickly steps out into the open and shoots the warg in the thigh. Kíli then let another arrow fly and it hits the Orc in its chest. Both the warg and the Orc fall down the rock and near the dwarves.

The Orc quickly gets up and rushes at them. Dwalin hits the Orc on its head with his axe, Bifur thrusts his spear into the orcs chest, and Thorin helps finish him off and his warg. The noises of the warg and Orc dying echoed across the land. The other Wargs and Orcs stop chasing Radagast as they hear roars and screams from behind the rocks.

Taryn let out a sigh, because they led the rest of the pack straight to them. "Way to go," she said to Thorin with a eye roll.

In the distance the warg scouts howls could be heard. They changed directions and began heading straight to the company. "Move. Run!" Gandalf said to the dwarves.

They all soon began to run through the grassy plain. Taryn ran close behind Thorin, who kept looking back to make sure she didn't fall behind. As she ran Taryn looked around for the pack.

"There they are!" Glóin shouted out as he pointed to some of the pack in the distance.

"This way! Quickly!" Gandalf urged and they all continued to run.