Chapter 13: Goodbye For Now.

The picture is of the dress she wears to the farewell dinner.

After the Orc attack Thorin was unable to do much. He had to rest up to regain his strength. Taryn never really left his side though and he liked it like that. It did give them a chance to just talk and get to know each other more. When they were alone she would practice the Khuzdûl she had learned. Thorin thought she was getting really good. Since she was an elf, she was an fast learner.

But the end of the week came fast and Taryn was heading back home to Mirkwood. Thorin would miss her terribly, but he planned to write her as much as he could. He had gifted her two Dwarven daggers and a few Dwarven style dresses. He had also gifted her the courting beads she already had in her hair.

She had made him many drawings of herself, her and him, and the kingdom. He would cherish them forever. By the end of the week Thorin was much better. The pain from his wounds were now gone and he could easily walk again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Taryn's POV:
Taryn was in her room finishing up her packing as she heard a light knock on the door. She sighed as she walked towards the door. She wasn't ready to leave Erebor and return back to Mirkwood. She didn't want to leave Thorin, especially since she knew it would be hard to see him again.

She knew her father was still not okay with her and Thorin's relationship. She also knew he would do all he could to keep them separated once she was back in Mirkwood. She just wished her father would accept who she chose to love.

Taryn smiled as she opened the door to see Thorin standing on the other said.

"I was afraid you were one of my guards or worst my father," she said with a chuckle.

"What are you doing?" He asked her and laughed at her comment.

"I'm finishing up my packing. We are leaving first thing tomorrow morning. I doubt we will even stay for breakfast. My father wants to leave early for we arrive back in Mirkwood before nightfall," she said to him with a long sad sigh.

Mirkwood only got more dangerous after night, especially with the giant spiders. She hated that she had to go back there, where she would be expected to go on killing raids again. Taryn was a princess yes, but she also had duties that she had to do.

She didn't just sit around in her home being waited on. She was a member of the guard and had to train and kill those damn gross spiders.

"But we can still spend today together right?" Thorin asked her snapping out of her thoughts of Mirkwood and spiders.

"Of course," Taryn said to Thorin with a smile on her lips.

Thorin smiled as he wrapped his arms around her slender waist. "I am going to miss you so much, but I will write you every day." He said to her with a small sigh. He did not want her to leave and badly wished she could stay in Erebor.

Taryn gave him a small pout as she wrapped her arms around his neck, "I'll miss you too Thorin, so very much." She said as she leaned in and kissed his lips lightly.

"I promise to write to you also, meleth nîn." She said to him with a smile, hoping he remembered that it meant my love.

Thorin smiled as he remembered what the word meleth nîn in Sindarin meant. Thorin smirked at her as he kissed her back. They stood there in the door way of her room for what felt like a long time. He slowly moved a strand of her white blonde hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear.

He loved her little pointed elf ears. He thought they were really cute. "Your ears so so cute," he said after he pulled back from their kiss.

Taryn could feel her cheeks turn red as she began to blush, "thank you." She said to him with a smile.