Chapter 44: A Dinner, a Song, and a Food Fight.

After being completely healed and confessing their love for one another. Taryn and Thorin walked the corridors of Rivendell hand in hand. Taryn tilted her head to the side as she smiled at him. She was happy to be back home, even if it was just for a short while.

Thorin escorted Taryn to her bed chamber, for she could bath and change before dinner. "Thank you for walking me to my room," she said to him with a smile as she leaned up against the door.

Thorin slowly nodded his head. "You're welcome Taryn," he said with a smile and then kissed her cheek. "I will see you at dinner," he said and then turned to walk down the hall.

She smiled at him and then entered her room as he turned the corner in the corridor. She let out a happy sigh as she closed the door behind her and leaned up against it. Finding the love of her life again, was not something she expected about this quest. But it did make her very happy.

Taryn turned her head to see her travel packs and weapons had been left in her room for her. The healer had a couple of servants collect them for her, when she was being healed.

In her bathroom the servants had prepared a rose and lavender bath for her. She grinned as she saw the steam rising from the tub. She first took off her riding boots and then undressed. She left the dirty clothes on the floor in her room, for she knew the maids would have them washed. Taryn undid her braids and laid the betrothal beads on her vanity table along with her jewelry and princess crown.

She then walked back into the bathroom and stepped into the tub. She washed the grime off of her body and washed her hair. As she stepped out of the tub she looked down to see that the water was now black. She sighed as she had been that dirty. She grabbed the silk robe that was left out for her and wrapped it around her slender figure.

Walking back into her room, she picked her brush up out of her pack. She delicately brushed he long white blonde hair. Since she was an elf her hair dried out almost instantly. Her hair was straight and went right above her bottom. She smiled as she sat down at her vanity and looked into the mirror. Taryn sectioned off one strand of in the front and did a small braid. She tied it with one of her beads and a pin. She then made the same type of braid on the other side of her head and tied it with a bead and pin. They were in front of her ears, so her pointed elf ears showed through behind them and they matched Thorin's braids.

Picking up the rest of her hair, she sectioned off half of her hair and pulled it up. She braided two delicate braids on each side of her head, she then put her old betrothal beads from Thorin in the braids, and hooked the four braids together with her clasps and pins in the back of her head. She then left the underneath down.

Going to her wardrobe, she slowly opened the door. She found that a new dress was hanging up, along with her old dresses. She smiled to herself as she touched the dress. It was beautiful and obvious that her uncle had it especially made for her.