Chapter 69: Caught in Laketown.

Taryn sat at the kitchen table in Bard's home helping his children prepare dinner. She gulped as she heard loud and heavy footsteps stomping up the rusty wood porch. The door swung open with a sudden push, causing it to bang against the wall. Taryn continued cutting up vegetables as bard burst through the opened door.

He looked around to see no Dwarves or Bilbo remaining. The only one left that he could see was Taryn. "Where are they?" Bard yelled confused.

"Da!" Bain shouts as he walks up to his father. "I tried to stop them," he explained meaning the Dwarves leaving.

"How long have they been gone!?" Bard demanded to know.

"I do not know how long they have been gone," Taryn answered with a sigh. "I was asleep when they left."

Bard turned his attention from his son to Taryn and glared at her. "Did you know of this prophecy?" He asked her curiously.

Taryn sighed as she nodded. "Yes I knew of it," she explained. "I am mentioned in the second half. The Elven Princess with fair blonde hair."

"So is it true then?" Bard asked curiously. "Your husband is Thorin, the rightful King under the mountain?" He asked in an angry tone of voice.

Taryn nodded her head. "Yes," she mumbled out. "It is all true."

Bard began to angrily pace the room back and forth. "Go to your rooms," he ordered his children without looking at them.

Sigrid nodded her head as she pulled her younger two siblings along to their rooms. Taryn was now alone in the room with Bard.

She gulped as she looked up at him. "Look I am sorry that we lied to you," Taryn mumbled. She was frightened that Bard would hurt her.

"So is he here to reclaim the mountain?" He asked surprisingly calmly.

Taryn couldn't speak, all she managed to do was nod her head.

Bard glared at Taryn she walked closer to her, his face reddening. "You are putting my family in danger!" He shouted as he got so close, that Taryn could feel his hot breath on her skin. "That dragon will kill us all!"

"I'm so sorry," Taryn choked out as tears rolled down her face. "I never wanted anyone to get hurt," she mumbled.

"Get out of my house!" Bard shouted as he gestured to the door. "Collect your things and leave."

Taryn's pale blue eyes welled with tears, her lips trembling as she stood. "I'm so sorry," she mumbled as she sobbed uncontrollably. She quickly put on her weapons, cloak, and travel pack. She couldn't bring herself to look at Bard as she brushed past him. On her way out the door she pulled her hood up over head, to hide her ears.

-------------------------------------------

The Dwarves and Bilbo wandered around the town searching for the armory. Half of them and Bilbo hid behind a boat and some baskets as two watchmen passed by. The other half of the Dwarves were piled on top of each other, positioned like stairs.

"Shh," Dwalin whispered out to the dwarves who were all muttering. "Keep it down."

"As soon as we have the weapons, we get Taryn, and make straight for the mountain," Thorin whispered to the company. "Go, Nori go!" Thorin said as he gestured to Nori.

With the watchmen gone, Nori emerged from the wall and ran across he boards. He used the Dwarves as stairs, and jumped through the open window, la ding on the inside of the armory.

"Next. Go Bilbo," Thorin whispered to the small Hobbit.

Bilbo did the same thing as Nori did. Once Bilbo was inside, Thorin motioned for Bofur to go, and then Kíli afterwards once Bofur was inside. Once Kíli was inside the armory Thorin started to sprint down the wooden boards, and ran up the Dwarves who were still in a stair like position and jumped through the window. Once inside he rolled and jumped up onto his feet. The four Dwarves and Bilbo began to collect enough to weapons for everyone. They had decided to hand Kíli the weapons for the Dwarves waiting outside. He seemed to be doing much better since Taryn worked on his wound. So Thorin handed Kíli many swords and axes, but he seemed to struggle under the weight of all of the weapons.