Chapter 75: Goodbye Laketown.

An orange shimmering light filtered through the window and into their room meaning morning had arrived. The light bounced off the window, hitting the walls in a sparkling orange glow. Really it looked quite beautiful, if you were a morning person. Thorin however was not.

He groaned quietly, opening his eyes and blinking the sun spots away. He rolled over onto his back, exhaling slowly through his nose. His eyes lingered to the side, and he smiled softly when he saw his wife's sleeping form. She looked so at peace while she slept. Her white blonde hair was partially over her shoulders covering her breasts, and she was still snuggled close to him. Her left arm was draped over her side and her hand was nestled on her nude pregnant belly. Her little belly button was slowly beginning to turn into an outie as her belly grew more each month.

Now usually Taryn would be up before the sun rise. As an Elf she needed very little sleep, but after all that happened the day before she was exhausted. Slowly Thorin sat up in the bed, careful not to wake his slumbering wife. He prayed to Mahal that she had no more nightmares after the terrible one (or foresight dream) she had last night. He sighed as he moved the blankets off of himself, giving Taryn a light kiss on her forehead and pulling the remaining blankets up over her shoulders. He reached over, grabbed his undergarments and slipped them on.

Thorin walked over to the window and looked out. Neither of them had closed the thick red velvet curtains last night, so he had a good view of the morning scene. The snow had melted from the night before, causing the dew to glisten in the morning sun. He slowly opened the window and felt a rush of cold morning air hit his face. It blew his raven black hair and chilled him against his still bare chest. The people of Laketown were just starting their day and chatting in the streets with one another.

He sighed as he thought of what the day would bring. He still was having an internal battle within himself about leaving Kíli behind in Laketown. But not only about leaving behind Kíli, he was also unsure if his wife should be going with them.

Giving another sigh, Thorin turned slowly and looked back at Taryn. The little pregnant Elf laid there still asleep, her chest rising and falling with each breath. She groaned in her sleep as she rolled over, but she did not wake up. She was a truly exhausted Elf.

Thorin walked to the wardrobe against the opposite walls and opened it. He grabbed some clothes and closed the door again. He slipped on the red tunic and then slipped on his trousers. He sat down on the edge of the bed and grabbed his boots, pulling them on and tightly lacing them up. He smiled and sighed happily when he felt the blankets ruffle, then Taryn's arms wrapping around his middle from behind.

"Good morning meleth nîn," Taryn whispered tiredly while resting her chin on his shoulder. "I like you better nude," she said honestly with a smirk and yawned.

Thorin chuckled and placed his hand onto one of Taryn's hands. "Good morning Azyûngal," he said back while gently stroking her fingers with his thumb. "I like you better that way also," he mused.

Taryn chuckled mainly because she was still nude. "Thank you for ruining my undergarments last night by the way," she said with a smirk. "I really hope the Master gave me those kind of clothes also."

Thorin frowned as he heard her mention the Master. He just knew the Master had to be involved in Alfrid attacking her last night.

She reached over, picking up her nightgown and put it on over her head. Standing up she walked over to dresser. She was thankful that there was undergarments. She still had her pack from Mirkwood, but only had one set of undergarments. Both of the lower and upper part now being ruined. She pulled her nightgown off over her head and pulled on her undergarments. She pulled out an under shirt, long tunic, and trousers out of the dresser. She put the clothes on and walked back to the bed.