Chapter 8: Ladies That Lunch

Back at the compound, you're unable to concentrate on anything while just sitting and waiting, so Pepper persuades you to join her for lunch.  

You visibly relax during your time with your big Sister-she always seems to know exactly what you need when going through stressful situations.  The calmer, level headed sibling, you believe she must use those skills often, being married to someone like Tony Stark!

During your lunch, you've both got onto the subject of the Avengers-primarily Steve.  No matter how many times you've had this conversation in the past, Pepper is still adamant you and Steve would make a great couple.
This time has been no different.  She's been going over the reasons you should both give it a go, and you've shut her down every single time.

"So you're telling me," Pepper once again tries to understand, "that in no way, do you find Steve Rogers AKA CAPTAIN AMERICA, even slightly attractive?!"

You laugh at the repetitiveness of this conversation.
"I don't know what to tell you Pep.  I just don't see him like that.  He's my best friend and I care for him so much, but that's as far as it goes!"

Pepper stares at you, open mouthed before forcefully saying, "But it's CAPTAIN FRICKING AMERICA!"

You know she's not going to let this go.  Even if you manage to stop her talking about it today,  she'll bring it up again and again.  Turning it around on her seems like the best and most hilarious option right now!

"Wow, are you sure YOU don't fancy him Pepper?"  You say with the most serious face.

You swear you cannot break this woman.  She's the most nonchalant person you've ever met.  Giving you her best serious "big sister" face, she replies, "Nope.  I'm just looking out for you little sis.  I want you to be happy just like I am.  And I can just see you both together!!"

You laugh.  "Well thanks, but I'm good with how we both are.  Steve is a-"

You don't get to finish that sentence because the voice ringing through the halls makes you stop in your tracks before laughing out loud.

"Honeyyyyy, we're hoooooome", Steve sings, mimicking how you always greet Tony to wind him up when you arrive back at the compound.

You stop laughing and deliberately roll your eyes at Steve, before asking, "Well?  Did you get him?!"

A noise from Pepper has you turning back towards her, where you hear her murmur "WOAHHH, he got him...."

Walking out of the shadows behind Steve, you see the glint of a metal arm before looking into the eyes of the man you know must be James.

"Hey, you must be James", you greet the newcomer.

He smirks and looks down before confidently looking back at you and replying, "Call my Bucky, Dollface".

"Oh this one is going to be trouble", you think to yourself.