Chapter 43: Everything's Fine

You've been back at the compound for a few days, and Steve has been very attentive, waiting on you hand and foot.  Any mission Tony has tried to give him, he's refused, and you keep catching him looking at you when he doesn't think you're noticing.

You're on the mend, but something still doesn't feel quite right.  Every now and again, your vision will blur, but it then comes back quickly, so you haven't bothered mentioning it yet.

Steve is talking and you turn to look at him, but you can't focus in on his face.  As you blink away the fuzziness, concern must be obvious on your face, because Steve notices.

"You ok?" He asks.

Not wanting to worry him when it's probably just something to do with the kidnap and exhaustion, you lie.

"Yep, all good!" You say with a smile, wanting to change the subject.  "Anyway, what's happening with the Sharon situation?  Tony?"  You look over at your Borther-In-Law.

"Well," Tony begins.  "She doesn't know that we drugged her, or brought her to Dr Cho, and so therefore doesn't know we know that the baby isn't Steve's.

"Ooh the power we have," you laugh.  "We should bring her here!"

Tony's face says plenty, but he doesn't manage to get a word in before Steve speaks.

"I agree." he says, looking at you.

Tony frowns, looking between both of you.

"It's a good idea Tony," you say, sensing his hesitancy.  "We need to end this.  And yes, I mean we.  Me too.  I'm not hiding away this time.  She's half the reason what happened to me happened.  I want her out of our lives."

Tony still doesn't speak but looks at Steve.

"Don't look at him!" You tell him.  "Steve agrees with me, I know he does.  He also knows I'm not going to back down over this."

"She's right Stark," Steve continues.  And I won't leave her side.  She'll be safe."

Tony thinks for a little longer before sighing.

"Fine, but you need to make sure you're safe."

You roll your eyes.

"Jeeze....OK 'Dad'!"

Tony just stares at you unamused.  

"Oh god, don't rile him." Steve says shaking his head in amusement.

"I'm used to it." Tony says.

You laugh-Tony lets you get away with so much.

"You know I love you really Tony!  And you too obviously Steve," you say looking between them both.

Steve smiles.  

"We love you too." he replies.