Chapter 11: Flirting with Bucky

A few days later, you and Steve still haven't spoken since your fight.  You know deep down that you should speak to him to clear the air, but you just can't believe he'd even acted that way.

You're in the compound offices, going over mission notes for Tony when you hear a tap at the door.

"Hey" Bucky greets you. 

As you swivel in your chair and take him in, you're pleased to see he's now looking stronger.  

"James, you're up and about today-that's good to see!  How are you feeling?"

He rolls his eyes before replying.  

"It's Bucky-I've already told you," he responds.  "You can't keep calling me James.  It's too formal, especially after everything you've done for me.  I'm feeling good though, much better thanks to you!"

"Ok, ok, Bucky!  I'm glad to hear that!  I should think so too with me as your nurse for the best part of a week!

He smirks to himself.  "You were in a nurses outfit?!  I feel like I would've remembered that!"

You blush-you're pretty sure you've never met anyone as forward as this guy!

"Oh my god.....Why do I get the impression you're going to be trouble Mr Barnes."

He raises his eyebrows in response before coming down to your eye level.  

"Seriously though.  I owe you.  I mean it.  Thank you for saving me".

Your throat feels thick with emotion but you swallow it away before you reply.

"You owe me....well....I think I may hold you to that.....Bucky."

"Oh you'd better.....Dollface," he flirts back.  You both hold eye contact before laughing at each other.  Your face feels hot and your heart feels like it's going to beat out of your chest.  In an attempt to calm yourself down, you begin discussing mundane things with him while getting back on with some work.

Little do you both realise, someone else has overheard your conversation with Bucky.

As you both continue to talk, Steve takes a breath, looks down at the floor, and walks away slowly.