Chapter 36: Love

After your walk Downtown, you both make your way back to your room.

You head to your walk in wardrobe to find something comfier to change into.

"I'm just going to change, I'll be two minutes." You tell Steve.

"Not a problem," Steve replies, "take your time.  I'm enjoying the view..."

As you're looking through your clothes, you smile back at him.

"You know," you begin.  "You should absolutely feel free to make yourself a little more comfortable too if you'd like."

"You don't have to ask me twice," he says-his voice dropping lower.

As you find something to wear, you glance back up to find him in just his tshirt and jeans.  The tshirt hugs his muscles, and you absent mindedly lick your lips.

"Sweet Jesus Steve..." You breathe.  "You should actually come with a warning or something."

Something dark comes over Steve's eyes, and he wordlessly stalks towards you, his gaze never leaving you.

You drop the clothes you're holding, in anticipation of what's to come.  You go to speak but no words come out, and before you know it, Steve is in front of you, pulling you into his arms and pressing his lips against yours.

Unlike his kisses before, these are more urgent.  He pulls away from you briefly so you can both catch your breath, and it's then that you look up at him properly.

"I'm in love with you Steve Rogers." You say, still breathless.

"You've no idea how long I've waited to hear that," he replies, before even more passionately kissing you.  You wrap your hands around his neck, and he pulls you closer, until every part of you both is touching.  You're sure you can feel his heartbeat against your chest, but cannot be completely sure it isn't yours.

As things heat up further, he presses you against the wardrobe door and you lift your hips to meet his.  

Knowing where this is finally heading, you motion for him to lift his arms, and remove his tshirt over his head.

"I love you too," Steve breathes next to your ear.

Finally.......