Two King's Death

Hayami's POV

I placed some flowers on the grave of my late father as well as my grandmother and stood there for a good few minutes, silently telling them of what's happening.

It has been five months since Jimmu's death and I haven't been myself in the first two weeks. I mostly blame myself for losing Yaketsuku's left arm, even if he says that it was nothing to worry about. Though I still felt guilty and responsible for it to happen. Homura tried to comfort me after the loss, as well as Hiei and my parents in those two weeks, which helped me calm down a lot. Two months later, Hiei and mother went back to Mukuro's territory, saying that the year is almost at its end, meaning that either Raizen and my grandfather with die soon.

After my father's death a few days later, I was promoted to being the second in command of Mag Mel by Namiyo. I didn't expect much from the role but I could clearly see that some of the members in the council don't approve of my ranks. I don't bother nor care about it.

In those times I've spent my time training by my grandfather King himself, asking me personally that he would teach me some of his combat skills and abilities with the time he has left. I didn't reject the offer and at the same time it lets me spend more time with my oldest family member.

"Hayami." I turned to face whoever called me and saw Homura with a sad look on her face. "It's Namiyo... He's not going to last long." She said sadly,

"I know." I replied with sadness in my tone. "His death is much earlier than we thought. Where is he now?" I asked her,

"He's in the throne room with our papas and Takumi saying his final words. Though he requested your presence as well." Homura said as I nodded before we made our way towards the fortress.

Third POV

"Is the army ready, Ryuji?" Namiyo asked as he sits on his thrown. His appearance was not any better, seeing how his skin has gotten pale, his long hair started to loose its color as well as his eyes. Even though he has managed to train his granddaughter personally through last four months, he was still in his best in fighting her despite being at his weakest.

"They're all ready and waiting for orders." Ryuji said, "I will be removing my spirits cuffs in order to summon my dragon, Ryo-wo, for them to get on as we make our departure to Gandara."

"Very well." Namiyo said as he turned towards his son, "Have you informed Mukuro by this?" He asked,

"Indeed. I spent the message to my sister, which she'll let Mukuro know when we'll strike." Takumi nodded as he answers his father,

Namiyo nodded and then turned to Yaketsuku. "Are you sure that you'll be able to fight in the condition you're in?" He asked Yaketsuku, who was wearing a black cloak, mostly covering his left side.

"I'll manage and there is no need to worry about me." Yaketsuku said as he touched his left shoulder. "Despite my condition, I'm still able to fight and I never back down from a fight until my opponent has beaten me in battle." He said, making Namiyo smile in amusement,

The doors opened gaining everyone's attention, only to see Hayami and Homura coming in the room.

"I hope we didn't miss anything." Homura said, apologizing as they both went closer to the throne.

"No, you two did not miss anything at all." Namiyo reassured them, "We're finalizing the plan before striking Gandara."

"I still don't see why Gandara should be strikes first." Hayami said, a little confused, but mostly concerned about her sister who will be caught in the crossfire if they brought the war to them.