The Demon World Tournament Begins

Third POV

It was a little brutal in group 34's match up between Yomi and Shura. After a teaching his son a real beating lesson, Shura conceded and gave the victory to Yomi, making him the champion of his group. Having that said, each champions of each groups are back and gathered near the stage of the tournament, waiting for further announcements before beginning the main tournament.

As all the fighters waited for the tournament to start, Koto stood on the center stage.

"Now, if I could get everyone's attention please. Before we proceed, I promise to hand over the mic to Mr. Yusuke Urameshi so that he could say a few things to get tonight's started right." Koto announced as Yusuke stepped onto the stage and grabbing the mic from the announcer after giving it to him.

"Hey." Yusuke said a bit unsure and a little nervous of what to say in his speech to the crowd of demons,

"Ready for a fight he is, but not for this." Jin pointed out as he sits in the air,

"That's not very 'Yusuke' of him." Chu joked, making his friends laugh at the irony.

"Ahem!" Yusuke cleared his throat onto the mic, getting everybody's attention

"Ahem!" Yusuke cleared his throat onto the mic, getting everybody's attention. "First congratulations to those who made it to the main tournament. Now I know all of you think that you're pretty bad demons, but I want you to consider one thing; you don't have to fight to the death here. To be honest I'd rather no one die in battle at all." Ha said as the crowd grew silent, "If for no other reason then I get the feeling all of you would like to fight more than once and I feel the exact same way and if you are dead you can't fight. I'd hate for this to be the one day I see some of you in the ring. I'd rather have all of you return to fight another day. Because to be honest, I don't have the greatest confidence that I'll walk away the winner here." He confesses as demons starts to trash talk or criticize him in which Yusuke didn't mind. "I think in a couple years I'll be a better fighter and better suited for this tournament. Of course that's hoping that whoever wins here today doesn't call this the final tournament. The point of all this is my proposition that we all meet here once every three or four years to battle it out again and decide who replaces the old ruler. Like a presidential election, with this. I'm not predicting the future or anything, but I think that whoever wins here today could find this agreement to be a fair one. And with that little bit being said, LETS GET STARTED!!!" He shouted the last part with joy as the demon crowd cheered for the fights to begin while some continues to bash the new Mazoku King.

"Well at last now, we can begin this tournament." Koto said, "We have divided the one hundred twenty-eight winners of the preliminary matches into eight groups. Each groups holds battles according to the tournament rules until the elimination leaves only two fighters. Victory is decided on the same fashion as earlier. The battle is over when one opponent surrenders or is no longer capable of fighting." She explained the mechanics of the rules as it showed on the screen the names of the fighters and on who they are up against.