Haunted by the Past

Third POV

The loud grumbling sounds from Raizen's empty stomach continues to grow louder with each passing day. Letting it he heard by the three other territories of demon world, ruled by their kings.

In Alaric, Mukuro and Wakumi stood in the fortress as they watched the scenery in front of them, with Kiren kneeling behind the two as they hear another loud grumble.

"Like clock work." Mukuro said, "The sound of that mule's ridiculous hunger strike."

"Starvation is what's causing Raizen's life to wither with each passing moment." Wakumi said, hinting that she agreed, "I doubt that he'll live before this year has ended."

"Tell me, Kiren." Mukuro said to his second in command behind them, "How is he holding up?" He asked,

"He?" Kiren asked in question his voice deeply vibrating from his mask until he realized what Mukuro meant as he stood up to his full height, towering the two demons in front of him, "Oh. You mean the one named Hiei. Who you called here six months ago. As we speak, he's being attacked by a horde of our men in the dungeon training hall." He reported to his Lord,

"And how many of our men comprised these horde?" Mukuro asked,

"A my liege requested, I unleashed 500 hundred A Class demons, which if you forgive me for saying sounded excessive." Kiren said, "But he is no doubt been killed by now."

"Kiren, how long have you been Mukuro's second in command?" Wakumi asked curiously, mostly knowing her friend when it comes to pushing things bigger and she knows that Hiei will not be easily defeated.

"It has been 250 glorious years, Lady Wakumi." Kiren said, respecting his Lordship's wishes in respecting Wakumi's unusual friendship with him,

"I see." Wakumi said,

"Then you should know by now that when I say five hundred A Class demons, I mean a thousand." Mukuro briefly said to him with his voice raising a bit,

"Pardon my insolence." Kiren apologized but it didn't stopped his curiosity, "But why is Lord Mukuro so interested in this particular low life? He show nothing more than A Class levels since he's been here."

Wakumi can only guess of why Mukuro was suddenly interested in Hiei, but knew best not to speak of it. She knew what happened in Mukuro's past and expressing himself through hate and violence was his way of communicating. But nonetheless, it was a mere guess of what Mukuro wants and Wakumi knows it's similar to what Hiei wants. But what made the mother worried was Hiei's wellbeing, especially since it was revealed in Alaric that the fire demon has a mate after seeing his mark on his left arm, but they don't know who.

Speaking of the fire demon, Hiei fired  a dark green beam of fire, related to the darkness flame as it burns off the group of apparitions in front of him.