Maze Castle

A/N: So before I start, I will be skipping the part were Yusuke and Genki first met along with Kuwabara, as well as the part they faught Rando. Anyways enjoy the next chapter.
_________________________

Hayami's POV

It was an early morning as the sun rises in the horizon. I was currently meditating on top of the house, closing my eyes as the warm breeze blows through my hair.

After visiting Genki during the weekends, I was grateful that Yusuke improved a lot in using his spirit energy over the past six months that he had trained with her. Not that I'm worried, but the spirit detective will need it when facing off against stronger demons.

"Meditating in the morning I see." I opened my eyes and noticed Hiei standing beside me. "I don't quite see you meditate often."

For the past six months of Hiei staying with my family turns out to be alright, quite surprisingly. He was able to adjust in the house quickly. Though we often go out for anything suspicious around the city, which gave us some alone time to talk. Hiei was surprised that Kurama tends to visit to study with Ranumi. Much to me and father's enjoyment, seeing that Ranumi is happy to be with Kurama.

"I meditate sometimes, but not often. It's a way for me to at least control my powers when I'm lost in my emotions." I said looking at the palm of my hand, "My mother's powers are great and powerful, but I'm still nowhere near in fully controlling that power."

"Hn and you said that you trained with the old hag in order for you to control it." He said,

"Yes and I did, though I do have my limits." I said standing up to my feet as I looked at him. "So what brings you up here?" I asked,

He looked at the horizon and I follow his gaze. "I came here to look at the scenery." He said as he stepped closer to me. "One of the things that soothes me as it reminds me of demon world."

"More like it's the only thing nice about it." I said smirking,

"What I meant was looking at the scenery with you." Hiei said now looking at me.

I looked at his crimson eyes and I could tell he was telling the truth.

I smiled softly before looking back in front of us. "Yeah. It's been years since we've done this." I said blushing a little, "Anyway, I should help father in preparing breakfast." As I was about to go down until he grabbed my arm and pulled me close against his chest.

His left hand was around my waist while his other hand lifted my chin. He leaned his face closer to mine as my hands were on his chest. I felt my whole face heat up at the closeness that we're in.

"Hayami, there's something I want to ask you." He said looking into my eyes as he caresses the side of my cheek. "Mostly because I've been keeping it in for years that we've known each other and I don't want to loose you to any other boys who dares to look at you in a perverted manner."

Please tell me that this is what I think it is

"Hiei, what do you mean? I'm not interested into any of the human boys. I'm only interested to one boy in my life." I blushed more at what I said, "And that's you. So what is it that you want to ask me?"

"Would you be my mate, Onna." He said making my eyes widen a bit as he gently pressed his forehead against mine. "You don't have to answer now." He grabbed my hand and placed something on it.

I looked at my hand to see that Hiei gave me a black and purple ring.