Depths of the Ocean Dragon

Third POV

Kurama walked back to the team, only to see the girl that caught his eyes tearing up beside her sister with an annoyed look on her face.

"What a fool. So intent on proving himself that he didn't noticed your moves" Hiei said,

"And don't worry, his demon twin vanished when he died." Hayami said,

"So you two knew?" Kurama asked as he still looked at the tearing Ranumi as the two mates nodded,

"What a relief." Yusuke said causing the three demons to look at him.

"Yes." Kurama said, smiling softly to know that his human mother is safe.

"Okay, enough with the secret glancing stuff. Tell us what happened." Kuwabara said,

"Yes, do tell." Botan said,

"It's past." Hiei said, as Hayami nodded,

"Agreed." Kurama said as he approached Ranumi calmly,

"Uh! That isn't very friendly of them." Botan said,

"Those demons think their so darn cool." Kuwabara grumbled,

"Ranumi..." Kurama said as he was in front of her,

"Just for the record you stupid fox, you should've at least draw out your whip." Ranumi said turning her head, avoiding his gaze and huffed. "At least I didn't have to worry about you getting killed on the first day of the tournament."

Hayami smiled and sweat dropped at the sight of her sister as Kurama apologized to her. Still having an annoyed look on her face with a slight blush as Kurama wipes the tears on her cheeks. Ranumi gently placed her hand on top of his cut, using her healing powers to heal the wound.

Kurama smiles softly and touch her hand that was healing his wound. "Thank you, water lily. I appreciate the concern." He said, making Ranumi embarrassed and turn red as she looked away from his gaze with a blush on her cheeks.

"I swear if you nearly get killed in this tournament, I'll bring you back to life and kill you myself out of worry and anger for you being stupid." Ranumi said, feeling her tears fall on her cheeks.

Kurama wipes her tears and kissed the top of her head, causing her to look up at him. He chuckled and gently pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back in reassurance to which didn't help her embarrassed face.

On the Rokuyukai team, Hera stepped on the ring as she walked to the center with a slight anger in her steps.

"Oh look, it's that girl who wanted to kill Hayami last night." Kuwabara said pointing at Hera.

"Wait, what?" Ranumi asked looking at her sister. "Did something happened last night?"

"Hmm..I guess she wants to play." Hayami said, before jumping on the ring. "Just to be fair, it's a girl's fight. Might as well show what a half breed could do." She said walking towards the center.

'Be careful, Onna.' He thought as he watch his mate made her way towards the center of the ring.

"LOOKS LIKE WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A GIRL FIGHT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! FOR TEAM ROKUYUKAI, HERA! FOR TEAM URAMESHI, HAYAMI!" Koto said,

"Like I said last night, it would be an honor to kill you, Hayami." Hera said, "A half breed like you shouldn't exist and to think everyone thought that you and your pathetic family where dead. I guess I'll just have to make that come true and earn a bit of fame if I must say."

"Keep talking crap all you want about killing me, but you should've never called my family pathetic." Hayami said with a hint of threat in her voice, "And you definitely do not want your life to be a sacrifice, especially by just mere half breed like me."