ten | i think you've done enough

Brandy wears a braided chain

Made of finest silver from the North of Spain

Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) || Looking Glass

*************

"Please come, we can fill you in on everything." I've been pleading with Mac for the last five minutes in the living room for him to come to lunch.

I'll be honest, I don't blame him for not wanting to go. Hell, I dont even want to fucking go. This feels like the best option though. We'd be in an open area which means less chances for Harry and I to kill each other. There's also the added benefit of free lunch, and I won't ever turn down free lunch.

The rest of the drive with Harry was quite for the most part, occasionally we'd make a comment to one another about a passing car or a song that came on the radio. Other than that, I think we both exhausted our word limit with each other for the time being. Which is why it's so important that I get Mac on board with going to lunch.

I know Mac doesn't have a very good perception of Harry as it is and I fear that lunch will only further his negative view point. The bottom line is though, that at the end of the day none of this is about us and our feelings. It's about our family, about getting Elias home. If we don't get him home, this is all for nothing.

"Absolutely not, you can fill me in yourself. I don't need to go to lunch with that dick to know what's going on." Mac stands staring at me with his arms crossed over his chest, his eyebrows furrowed tightly in frustration.

"Please Mac, I can't spend anymore alone time with him." I tilt my head to the side, "Do you want me to beg? I can beg."

"Oh my god, please don't."

"Please Mac!" I shout dramatically as I clasp my hands together in front of my chest shaking them lightly.

"For the love of god, stop it." He turns his head away from me to hide the smile growing on his face.

"I'll water the plants for a whole week," I tilt my head back dramatically as I try to bargain with him.

"You act like you don't enjoy doing that." He lets out a breathy laugh.

I tilt my head back up, contemplating a new idea, before dramatically throwing my head back once again.

"I'll do the dishes all week." I plead with my bottom lip sticking out in a pout.

"You look pathetic," Mac is trying his best to suppress the laughter that's dying to erupt. "Dishes is nice but not enough, sorry i'm not going."

"Oh, you're good," I narrow my vision on him, realizing the game he's playing. "Dishes and i'll cook for the week too."

"Oh fuck no, the last thing I want is your cooking. Dishes and trash for the week, deal?"

"Ow, that was rude," I grasp my chest dramatically, as if I'd been shot by his words. "Fine, dishes and trash. You're going to come then?"

"Well yeah, I was going to go either way. You just decided to offer yourself up for chores, I wasn't going to turn that down." He shrugs his shoulders with a smug smirk.

I swat his shoulder lightly and let out a shocked scoff, "You really are the worst, you know that right?"

"Ah ah, no. I'm not the worst, I'm just smart and you're too easy."

"I didn't come in here to be insulted." I turn to walk towards the door, "Now please, play nice. I don't want to hear any shit from him anymore today."