sixty-two | its been fun, baby*

Six inch heels

She walked in the club like nobody's business

6 Inch || Beyonce

*************

This is apart of a triple update, be sure to read chapter 61 before starting this one and stick around to read chapter 63 after! Enjoy babies! <3

*************

There's a lot of places in the world that feel a million times more ominous when empty.

A Small World ride at Disneyland after park hours? Shit of nightmares.

A dimly lit basement? Wrong, that's a hidden portal to hell.

Empty or near empty parking garage? No, that's free range for serial killers.

An empty, amber hazed card room at 1 in the morning? A fuck of a lot more intimidating than I would've ever imagined.

From the trash scattered across the floor to the barely alive fluorescent lights hanging from the ceiling, or the thick fog of cigar smoke still looming in the air; I couldn't tell what was more menacing.

It certainly didn't help that we were approaching a dingy card table with two men facing away from us, their heads bowing ever so slightly to their view in front of them.

I know who they are, I know this environment but does that make me any less of a pussy? No. Not even a little bit. Can you blame me though? My nerves are heightened by competitive adrenaline coursing through my veins.

Harry and I hardly spoke the entire ride. Our hands stayed connected with fingers intertwined, keeping us in reality while our minds roamed their endless strategy game plays. I had bit my tongue the entire drive, never letting a cocky comment come from me but that doesn't mean I didn't think them. In fact I'm still thinking them.

I am thinking a lot of unkind things but that's okay, want to know why?

Because either way, he'll be on his knees tonight for me.

So, no matter what; I win.

The sound of our shoes hitting the dirty concrete floor alerted Mac and Jax to our presence, both of them turning to look at us in unison. A sick smile twisted on Jax's lips, knowing exactly how this is going to go but Mac? No, Mac wore the same simple, golden retriever smile he always has when he sees me.

"Look who finally showed up; Little G and her bitch." Jax palm smacked the table with a laugh as we approached.

"Ha-Ha, fuck you," Harry's voice was dead as he smacked the back of Jax's head with a grunt. "Shuffle the cards, bitch."

Jax rubbed the back of his head with a side eye as we took our seats at the green card table. Mac was holding back laughter, both of us exchanging matching eye-rolls and head shakes.

"What? You got better shit to do or something?" Jax bit back as he shuffled the cards aimlessly.

"Yeah, actually, I do."

"Like what?"

"Shit at home." I could see Harry's patience wearing thin, as Jax continued to press.

"What? Like laundry? You got laundry to do?" Jax's tone was straight, not a hint of humor laced within.

"Yes, Jax, laundry."

"No shit? Do you think you could throw in some of mine? I got those fuckin' scent bead bitches. They're in the cabinet above the washer, but only use like a capful or some shit cause i don't want my clothes-"