fifty-nine | sweet disposition

A moment, a love

A dream, a laugh

Sweet Disposition || The Temper Trap

*************

This is apart of a triple update, be sure to read chapter 57 & 58 before starting this one! Enjoy babies! <3

*************

"Okay! Okay! How about we do this?" I suggested, excitedly tapping on Harry's thigh as he drove, "I spy with my little eye something-" I drew out, searching around our surroundings and the car, "something blue!"

"Alright, let me think."

We had driven a half hour to the next town over. We had no exact destination or direction, just the two of us, together; and I wouldn't want it any other way. The streets were empty, as to be expected for a Thursday night. The neighboring town was a family town, meant for children and schools. A place to settle down, lay roots.

There were a few passing cars since we left but not nearly as many as there would be on a Friday or busy weekend night. Houses lined the quiet road, breaking off with small parks and playgrounds. Quaint, quiet, connected; things we had not experienced in our lifetimes.

"Everything is blue. Is it the sky? Is it the A/C button?" Harry's laugh coated me with warmth.

"Okay, fine, fine. Maybe that wasn't a good one," My cheeks ached with happiness, beaming at him as he sat beside me in perfect contentment. "It was supposed to be my nails."

"Your nails?! That is so unfair! I can't even see them in the dark right now!" Harry was shouting through loud laughs. His palm was squeezing my thigh, playfully shaking it with fake frustration. "Have I ever told you I think it's cute that you do your nails like that?"

I stuck my hands out in front of me, the light from passing street lamps illuminating the car for a passing second as I wiggled them in the air.

"You think so?"

"Yeah. It's funny," His smile wore wide, dimples indenting to form pools of sunshine. He glazed over at me, "How 'bout I let you paint mine? Do my middle finger navy blue, that way when we're together you'll have a complete set?"

"Really?!" I angled my body towards him, tone rocketing to a high pitch exclamation.

"Yeah, why not?" He shrugged with a cheeky grin.

"Swear? Promise me that you'll let me?"

I don't know why it sparked an excitement in me but the thought of us having our own thing, something that makes us whole together, pushed me to the brink of happiness.

"I pinky promise, baby blue," He took his hand from my thigh, holding his pinky in the air.

I reached up, locking my pinky finger with his. He gave mine a small squeeze before bringing our joined hands to his mouth, kissing the space between his thumb and hand the same way he did the day at the arboretum. He pushed our hands to me and I repeated his motions, sealing our promise with a pinky promise kiss.

We settled in our seats again with sighs of contentment. The passing road dragged on for miles with Harry making occasional turns here and there when he felt fit. I've been here before, on this side of town, but I've come to realize it's not made for people like us.

"All of these houses look like they're straight from a Better Homes and Gardens magazine," I teased, watching out the passenger window at the cookie cutter homes.