Early Bird?

It was like 5 am. Logan and Patton came downstairs to get ready for the day. They walked into the kitchen to see Virgil sitting on the counter.

"Good morning, Kiddo," Patton said.

"Good morning, Virgil," Logan said. "I didn't know you were an early bird."

"Oh, I'm not. I haven't gone to bed yet," Virgil said. That's when, as if on cue, a half-asleep Roman came downstairs.

"Virgil," Roman whined. "Sleep." He picked Virgil up and took him upstairs without another word. He laid down in his bed with Virgil. "Sleep and cuddle time."

Virgil curled into Roman. "Fine," he muttered. After a little bit, he fell asleep in Roman's arms. Roman falling asleep as well. 

(117 words.) 

Me: I'm currently running on less than 4 hours of sleep. 

Virgil: Same. 

Patton: Kiddos... *concerned dad* 

Logan: Get the adamant amount of sleep is very important. You both should get more sleep. 

Me: I can't I have to do school. 

Logan: School is very important. 

Me: Yeah. I know. You lecture me on the importance of school every time I say I don't want to do it... 

Logan: Why did you get less than 4 hours of sleep? 

Me: Every time I would start falling asleep I would get that falling sensation and jolt awake. 

Patton: Kiddo, after you finish your schoolwork you should maybe try to take a nap. 

Me: We'll see... 

(233 words.)