Zindagi ek paheli

A flash of lightning split the night sky open and illuminated a pale face... her sobs were non stoppable and so were the rains. The intensity of the falling drops increased and the clouds became more and more heavier... seems like whole sky was crying with her...

Naina looked at the close glass door and leaned helplessly against the side wall... her face went wet, unable to distinguish whether it was spray of rain or the flow of her own tears...

Her heart was thudding and throbbing with pain... his words were continuously ringing in her ears... 

Is she a cunning, gold-digger, characterless girl who is after his money...?

Is this what he think about her...?

But why not him..? 

That's what others also think about her... 

Naina's past—

Naina Agarwal, 21 years old, a simple, sober, soft natured girl but always maintain her self-respect and dignity... she was born in a middle-class family and the youngest child of Naresh & Beena Agarwal.. staying with her elder sister Hema...

Naresh had a small grocery store and hardly managed to give basic amenities to his family to survive... Beena having good contacts in society works as a match maker...

Naina being the topper throughout her academics easily got the chance to study in a convent school on Scholarship whereas as an average student, Hema got admitted in nearby public school... Hema was least interested in studies and wants to be a model... no aim in her life, just focused on her make-up and show-off...

Completely opposite to her elder sister, Naina was very much studious, intelligent, soft hearted, obedient girl... Beena always keep Naina away from other kids in the society being an over protected and caring mother... which sometimes suffocate her but as an compliant child she always follow her orders... like Hema, she was not allowed to make friends, roam around, going out for fun to enjoy her life fullest...

Naina's life was fully controlled by her mother... except her studies she has no other way to keep herself busy... added to household works, like cooking, managing house... but she never complaint...

Though her parents was always there with her and give whatever she wants but still she always missed the warmth of their love towards her... they never pamper her like her elder sister... though they never scold her on her mistakes but never keep their hands on her head to bless her and support as parents... she always missed even a close family hug...

She topped in entire university and got selected in campus interview... she got a good position in a reputed firm to work on her own caliber... she was excelling in her job as being topper and feels excited that now might be she get some freedom and get the chance to enjoy her life.... but to her dismay, her Mother strictly warned her to not get befriend with any colleague in office which she accepted quietly... as always...

Still she was enjoying this new phase of her life but all her dreams shattered knowing one day that how suddenly her parents has fixed her marriage... without her consent and even meeting with the person with whom she was supposed to spend her entire life now on...

Naina even got more surprised as being elder Hema should get married first but her mother convince her that the alliance is more suitable and perfect for her... 

Naina finally agreed to her mother and ready to get married to an average looking person, soft spoken in nature and working in a private firm at a reputed post... belongs to a rich family than hers... a simple arrange marriage without any rituals...

Naina got married with Sharad in court on his insistence that they don't want any kind of show-off and wants to keep marriage very simple... she also agreed as her own family is not so wealthy to afford the expenses of an exclusive marriage... added to that she accepted it whole-heartedly as groom's family seems nice and they didn't demand for any dowry... only their families were present at court and complete the legal formality... no ritual has taken place...