Birthday Gift

Next day Sameer gets ready for office earlier than his usual time... he was missing her so badly that didn't get sleep whole night... to divert his mind he opened his laptop and starts working but all in vain... leaving everything in frustration, he came out in balcony sitting near swing where she usually sits missing her presence terribly, "mat jaaya karo Naina aise mujshe dur... sirf kuchh ghanto ki doori ne mujhe yun bechain kar diya hai... tumhare sirf aas paas hone ke ehsaas se jo dil ko sukoon milta hai mein bata nahin sakta... itane saalon tumse pyaar kiya par kabhi tumhein ehsaas tak nahin hone diya... par aaj mein tumhare dil ki har baat janana chahta hun... jo galtiyaan maine ki hai tumhein dukh dekar, uski maafi maangana chahta hun... iss nayi subah ki tarah apne rishtey ki bhi ek nayi shuruaat karna chahta hun... bas ek baar tumhare dil ki baat jaan lun phir jaisa tum chaahogi voh karunga... I really love you Naina, aur tumhari khushi se badhkar mere liye kuchh bhi nahin... please jaldi vaapas aa jaao... aur nahin raha jaata tumhare bina..."

His trance broke hearing Pandit calling him loudly... seeing him in balcony all dressed, Pandit shocked, "tu yahaan hai aur mein tujhe saare ghar mein dhundh raha tha... tu itani jaldi kyun ready ho gaya office ke liye... vaise tujhse bohot jaruri baat karni hai..." saying this he kept the file in his hand on table with a worried look...

Sameer looking his face extremely tensed and nervous, asked, "what happened... any tension... mujhe kal bhi tu thoda pareshaan lag raha tha par mein puchhna bhool gaya... sab theek hai na..." he recalled last evening also Pandit was disturbed after receiving the call when they reached home... in his eager to meet Naina, he forgot to ask him...

Pandit hesitantly forward the file in his hand to him, "I got all the information what you asked... just read it..."

Sameer took the file from him and checked the documents in the file... his eyes left wide open in shudder reading the contents inside... he looked at Pandit getting extremely surprised, "how could this be possible... are you sure about it... koi galti toh nahin huyi tujhse..."

Pandit smiled faintly looking at him, "I wish huyi hoti... before giving you I personally checked it so many times... I just can't believe it that how can someone be so ruthless with such an innocent girl... I can't even imagine uspar kya beetegi jab usey pata chalega ki..." he feels bad and frustrated on what he finds about Naina's past...

Sameer shouts getting panicked, "never... usey kabhi nahin pata chalega... did you get that... she will be shattered completely... you know how sensitive and innocent she is... I... I can't lose her..." his voice chocked, and eyes blurred with a sheer thought of feeling her pain... how she will handle herself after knowing the biggest truth of her life... the most hurting truth... he wants to keep her away from all tensions and cannot endure seeing her in so much pain any more... even if he has to lie or hid the truth, he was ready to do so for her happiness...

Sameer coming back into the room, opened his closet to keep the file inside, when saw their divorce agreement file also there... with trembling hands, he picked up the file in his hand... just after the moment she signed it, he had never given a slight glance on it and kept it in his drawer, untouched...

He took the file in his hand, recalling how he forced her to sign on this and she was terribly begging him to give her a chance to explain... to accept her... she was nowhere at fault but bear all his torture due to his anger and his ignorance of her truth... feels more ashamed...

He opened the file and instantly his eyes glued on the documents leaving a soft smile spread on his face... Pandit seeing his changed expression, came towards his side and leaned over to have a look into the document and shout, "yeh kya hai... tujhe pata tha, yeh sab pehle se... I mean usne compensation clause par pehle hi cross kar diya tha... tu ne mujhe bataya kyun nahin..."