My Best Partner

Rishtey Kamjor Nahin Hone Chahiye,

Agar Ek Khamosh Hai toh, Dusre Ko Awaaz Deni Chahiye...

It was early morning hours and sun was shining brightly, spreading its rays in the room making Sameer opened his eyes lazily... after a long period of time he was at home on his bed and had a sound sleep with a relief that she is safe and sleeping peacefully in his arms... for her he spent countless nights in hospital awaked but never gets tired...

Suddenly his eyes left wide open seeing the side of his bed empty... he sits back with a jerk and roamed around his eyes, but she was nowhere... he got panicked recalling Doctors advise to ensure she should not be left alone... she is not in her senses completely and can harm herself in worst of emotional state... even last night incident makes him shuddered how she was crying bitterly under shower when he left her alone for few minutes only...

Sameer shouted her name calling repeatedly but gets no response in return... getting panicked he stretched his hand to pull his wheelchair to go and search her when suddenly felt a soft palm on his hand... he lifted his face seeing her standing there looking at him with blank expressions...

He suddenly pulled her in his arms hugging tightly, "kahaan chali gayi thi tum aise mujhe chhod kar... mana kiya tha na kahin mat jaana mujhe bina bataye... meri jaan nikal gayi thi... laga jaise maine phir tumhein kho diya ho..." he keeps mumbling incoherently not getting any reply from her... he was scared to death with a thought of leaving her alone for a second... what if something happened to her?

He parted keeping her face in his palms... his eyes were watery and filled with scared emotion of losing her again... he asked softly, "kahaan chali gayi thi Naina tum... maine kaha tha na mere paas hi rehna... bolo.." she didnt reply but keeps looking him point blank for few moments... 

Few moments passed, she raised her hand and softly wiped his tears rolled on his cheeks... Sameer smiled seeing her little responsive about him... even though if he has to shed tears to get her attention, he won't mind doing it for her...

Doctor already advise him that she seems to be very much attached with him only and can really respond well to him... he keeps asking her when realized something asked, "tum... tum washroom gayi thi..."

She blinked her eyes once, when he leaned smilingly kissing on her forehead pulled her in his arms softly caressing her hair... he said smiling, "thank god tum theek ho... meri jaan nikal gayi thi... just promise me tum mujhe chhod kar kabhi nahin jaaogi..." he keeps telling her even knowing that she will not answer him... it's enough for him time being that at least she is with him, in his arms and listening his voice out...

Soon hearing a soft knock-on door, they parted... Pandit entered with Preeti carrying morning tea and light snacks for them...

Preeti smilingly wished pulling her in a tight hug, "good morning Naina... ab kaisi hai tu... mein toh raat ko hi tujhse milne aane wali thi par laga shayad tu so gayi hogi, isiliye disturb nahin kiya... par don't worry, ab mein yahin hoon tere saath... khoob masti karenge donon..." she keeps talking randomly with her holding her tears to fall...

It was getting painful for Preeti to see her best friend cum sister, so lifeless... but this is the time to support her, to handle her, like the way Naina handles her after her parent's sudden demise... Naina was the only one around her who gives her a comfort of family when she was all alone in entire world...

They all sits back when Pandit said, "Sameer, aaj investors ke saath meeting hai... I tried hard to postpone it further but seems this time you have to attend it... I can't handle them alone any more... even Karthik also tried but now you have to come with us..." Sameer recalled it was the same meeting which he dropped in between to go for searching her on that unfortunate day...