Bet you a Beer

Emma's pov:

I woke up pretty mad this morning and almost started getting ready for school, until I remembered it was a weekend.

I turned over in the bed to see Dally still sleeping. I went ahead and got up to get ready for the day.

I put on my old basketball team's t-shirt from two years ago which had 'the pixies' written on the front for our team's name and my last name and number on the back.

I paired that with some jean shorts and my converse. By the time I was done getting ready, I saw Dally was awake.

"Are we going over to Curtis house today?" I asked him.

"Yeah I got...some stuff to take care of in town today, and I don't want you here by yourself, so I'm going to drop you off there." He replied.

I didn't bother asking any questions, he would just get mad. I didn't mind going over there anyway.

While Dally was getting ready, I sat by the small window while I smoked a cigarette. I laughed as Dally was running around the room trying to find his pair of jeans.

Once he was ready, I grabbed my leather jacket as we walked out the door.

We pulled infront of the Curtis house in Dally's car and he walked me to the front door, giving it a knock. Soda or Darry usually opens the door, so it was a suprise when we saw Ponyboy answer.

"Hey guys, how ya doin?" Pony greeted.

"Just fine, man. Where's Darry and Soda?" Dally questioned, peeking behind Ponyboy.

"They're working today, so it's just me and
Two-Bit."

"I'm babysitting." Two-Bit called from the living room. Pony turned to glare at him.

"Mind if Emma stays with you? I've got somewhere to be and I don't want her-"

"By herself, we know Dal." Pony interrupted leaving both of us laughing, and Dally rolling his eyes.

"Yeah it's alright. Two-Bit ain't so great company anyways." He smirked knowing Two-Bit heard. I entered the house and Dally left pretty quick.

"Is he going to another party or something?" Pony asked me.

"Not sure, he just told me had stuff to take care of in town." I replied. He shrugged it off.

"Hey Dash." Two-Bit greeted. I nodded back.

First, Ponyboy and I read our books for a while while Two-Bit watched TV. Two-Bit wanted a chocolate cake, so Pony and I decided to make him one.

Ponyboy got all the ingredients out while I got all the mixing bowls, measuring cups, and pans.

As we were mixing the batter together, we somehow ended up making a mess. As I went to crack the eggs on the side of the bowl, I hit it too hard and the egg completely broke, all over the counter.

We both froze and looked at the split egg. I looked over to Pony and we started laughing.

Next, Ponyboy went to put in the flour. He split it everywhere while trying to measure it.

"Oh, c'mon Pony." I teased.

Finally, we finished making the batter, and put it in the oven.

"We'll let it bake for about thirty minutes or so." Pony confirmed.

We played cards with Two-Bit while waiting for the cake to bake. Once I heard the oven timer ding, I took the cake out of the oven, and we made the frosting.