Liana

Johnny's pov:

It was late, and Rylie was staying the night with Soda, so I decided to head home for the night. It was warm outside with a gentle breeze. I walked home and heard my parents yelling from inside the house. I didn't want to risk getting beat, so I thought to stay at the lot tonight.

I shoved my fists into my pockets. As I was walking, I got lost in my thoughts. Before I knew it, I made it to the lot.

I found some junky furniture that looked comfortable enough to sleep on, and laid down with newspapers for warmth. I laid on my back and gazed at the sky. It was filled with stars and the moon shone very bright.

I turned to my side to go to sleep, until I noticed a girl in the distance, sitting on one of the thrown out couches. She was reading a book as the wind blew through her hair. She had a dark shade of brown hair, and a sympathetic look on her face. She was wearing a jean jacket that looked similar to mine, a white shirt under and a jean skirt.

I gained the courage to go to talk to her. I sat up and walked over to where she was sitting.

"What are you doing out here this late on your own?" I asked. She looked up from her book.

"I could ask you the same thing." She smiled.

"I come out and sleep here often." I sighed. I didn't want to tell her the real reason just yet.

"Well, to be honest, I came here to get away from my parents." She looked down to her hands.

"I guess I should be honest too. I also came to get away from my parents."

"Fighting?" I nodded my head and she seemed to understand as if her parents were doing the same.

"Do you want to..watch the stars with me?" I hesitated asking.

She nodded her head with a smile. I held out my hand to her.

"I'm Liana Sky by the way." She beamed as she took my hand.

"Johnny Cade." I bubbled as I pulled her up.

We walked over to where I was earlier, and laid down on our backs beside each other.

"So, your parents fight too?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Beat me sometimes even." She sighed.

"I can say the same."

She looked over to me with her honey brown eyes and made hard eye contact with me.

"Tell me about yourself, Johnny Cade." She looked back up to the sky.

"Well, I'm a greaser, and i've got a sister, Rylie Cade." I didn't know what else to say.

"I'd love to meet your gang and sister sometime."

"What about you, Liana Sky?" I asked.

"I've got a brother, Leo, and you can tell I love to read. I also like long walks through town."

"Why don't we walk through town right now, then?" I asked.

She stood up in excitement, and grabbed my hand. We ran down the street, hand and hand, until we reached down town. No one was really out since it was late. The streetlights lit up the road and I could see Liana a little better. She had freckles across her nose, and cupid lips. I can now see how beautiful she is.

She walked along side me as we glanced at the shops we passed. She asked me about myself more, and I did the same for her. Apparently, she really likes flowers, helping people, animals, and she's sixteen too. Liana told me she even has a dog at home named Sweetie, that she's had since she was three.