Christmas Eve

Darry's pov:

When I woke up the next morning I saw the gang laying every which way on the bed and scattered on the floor. I chuckled to myself before getting up and getting my clothes.

I walked to the bathroom and started a shower. The luke warm water felt nice when it hit the muscles on my back.
After lathering my skin in soap and my hair in shampoo, I turned the water off and stepped out of the shower to get dressed.

I grabbed my razor and shaving cream. I applied the shaving cream to the bottom half of my face and delicately took the razor and slid it in a downwards direction.

Carefully, I got around my mouth and my chin.
Right when I though I was in the clear, I had nicked my skin and warm blood started dripping onto my face. I grabbed a towel go clean the wound and continued.

I opened the door and wet, steamy fog crept out of the room into the dinning room. I looked around the house to see if anyone was awake. I saw Rylie in the kitchen.

"Good morning, Princess" I watched as Rylie cracked an egg onto a pan and started to scramble the eggs. I grabbed the toaster and a loaf of bread from beside her.

I watched as the sunlight hit her engagement ring.

"You know you really are like a father figure to me Darry." Rylie broke the silence and I was stunned. Was it just her who thought of me that way, or the entire gang?

I looked at the calendar laying on the counter. The date read, "December 24th, 1965." Snow fell gently and angelically as I made breakfast with my soon to be sister in law.

I slipped away from the kitchen and turned on the radio. Soft music played as Rylie and I danced together in the kitchen. Moments like these made me so glad to have these kids.

The moment was cut short when the rest of the gang filed out of my bedroom and into the bathroom, Soda and Pony's shared room, and the living room.

Soda had grabbed Rylie and started spinning her around all over the living room while Two-bit was pulling Emma's hair. Pretty typical thing at this point.

Johnny helped set the table and we sat down and enjoyed our meals. Soon after breakfast everyone started to head home.

"Remember, 5:30 sharp, I will see you all them!"

Johnny's Pov:

When we stepped through the door our parents were gone. Rylie and I took turns showering. We had both went into our separate rooms to get ready for the night.

Everyone was responsible for bringing some sort of food for us to eat. I had started some meatballs and sausage while Rylie started the macaroni. Her wet hair dripped on her shoulders as she stirred the noodles.

I wrapped my arms around her stomach and placed my face into the crook of her neck. I still was very excited about the engagement.

A while had passed and we needed to start getting ready for tonight. I put some grease in my hair, slipped on my jacket, and walked to Rylie's room.

Rylie's pov:

Johnny sat on my bed staring at me while he watched as I curled my hair. I laughed at how captivated her looked.

"Do you wanna try Johnny?" I motioned for him to come and curl a piece of my hair.

"I don't want to mess it up" I reached for his hand and pulled him to my vanity.