Recovery

Rylie pov:

The next morning, I woke up still in the hospital. Darry was sitting the chair, Emma asleep laying on his shoulder. My arms we sore so I asked Darry to help me get dressed.

After he did, Johnny had woken up and so did Dally. We walked to the car and Johnny would not let go of my hand. I had a throbbing headache.

"Give her some space man." Dally fumed.

"No!" Johnny got divisive.

We got to the Curtis house and Darry carried me in bridle style. Soda and Steve were still asleep. They looked cute. Darry took me to his bed since it was empty.

"If you need anything, honey, don't hesitate to ask." He turned off the light and closed the door.

About thirty minutes later he came back in.

"Darry, if you don't mind, can you get me an aspirin?" I asked.

Darry brought me some medicine and water. He sat in the bed with me. I love Darry. he's like another older brother to me. He's almost like a dad I never had. I loved him, but not like Steve or Soda.

When I closed my eyes, I heard a loud noise then two people jumped in the bed. It was Steve and Soda of course. I kissed them, and when I opened my eyes, Darry was smiling and shaking his head.

He knows how much I love those boys. I couldn't tell if he was laughing cause it's funny how indecisive I am, or because he thought it was cute.

I fell asleep laying on top of Darry. I could feel Steve and Soda laying on me.