Curly Shepherd

Emma's pov:

It'a a Friday, so Johnny, Rylie, Ponyboy, and I decided to skip school, and spend the day at the DX with the gang. Besides Darry, who was at work.

We were gathered around a car Steve and Sodapop were working on in the workroom. Rylie was sitting in one of the rolly chairs by a small table, flipping through a magazine.

Ponyboy was sitting in the corner reading a book, Two-Bit was playing with the tools Steve had lying around, while Steve was scolding him, and Dally, Johnny, and I were standing around the car, admiring it while they were working on it.

"Leave my tools alone, Two-Bit." Steve scolded for the tenth time.

Two-Bit just gave him a dirty look while Steve went back to working on the car. Then we were interrupted by the bell on the front door that rings when someone walks in.

"New costumer. Why don't you go get it, Dash?" Soda offered.

"Sure." I shrugged.

I walked out of the work room, and into the main room of the gas station.

"What do you need?" I greeted.

I heard a soft chuckle. I looked up from behind the counter and saw the one and only, Curly shepherd.

"Long time, no see, doll." He smirked.

It was strange seeing him since we used to secretly go steady last year. It ended on a bad note. I haven't seen him since.

"Fancy seein you here." I huffed.

"Well, came here to get some new car parts but seein' you here is better."

I glared at him.

"Alright...what car parts you need?"

"The car parts can wait..I need you."

He started coming closer, and behind the counter, but I stayed put so he wouldn't think I'm scared, which is what he wants.

"Well we all want things we can't have, so get the car parts you need or leave."

"I always get what I want, Emma."

"Curly, you're drunk, i'll talk to you when you're sober."

He started to come even closer to me. Might've been too soon, but I pulled out my switch, right by his neck fore' he tried something. He backed away half a step with his hands in the air.

"Woah, baby, come on now. We used to go steady, now you're holding a switch to my neck?"

"Just go, Curly." I sighed.

He opened his mouth to say something else, but I put my switch even closer to his neck, it was basically touching.

"Ok, you can put the blade down." He blurted.

I didn't say anything, nor move my switch. Just glared at him even harder.

"Ahh playing hard to get I see. Why don't you come to my place tonight, aye?"

I slapped him across the face with my other hand, keeping my switch against his neck with the other.

What is he on? Does he not remember what happened between us? How badly things ended?

"I don't want to be with you again Shepherd, now leave."

"Why's that?"

"Ive got someone else, and you're a complete creep."

"Who ya with, then?"

"Leave, Curly." I said harshly, one last time.

He didn't budge, so I sliced his neck. A light slash, just to warn him. Blood started slipping from the cut.