I'm Game

Emma's pov:

A few days have passed since tryouts. The next day at school was the day results were going to be posted.

During all my classes, I could barley focus. I was real anxious to see if I made the team or not. I guess it wouldn't matter too much if I didn't make it, but I would be pretty disappointed.

Finally, classes were over. I ran to the next hallway over where results would be. Might've crashed into people on the way, but I got there.

There was a crowd of girls standing around coach Brunt who was taping up the piece of paper of the girls who made the team.

I saw some girls jumping up and down in excitement, and others walking away crying. Once the crowd died down, I walked over to see for myself. Johnny, Pony, and Rylie were behind me.

I glanced over the names for mine, and halfway through I lost hope since I haven't seen mine. I kept reading and saw my name towards the end because of my last name.

I actually made it.

I walked over to the others with my head down. Their smiles faded.

"Did you not make it?" Pony asked.

"Of course I did!" I raised my head up with a smile.

I wanted to mess with them a little bit. Johnny side hugged me, Rylie gave me a full on bear hug, squeezing my guts out, Pony doing the same.

"Congrats Dash!" Pony exclaimed.

"When do y'all find out who made track team?" I asked.

"They posted it earlier." Pony explained.

"And....?"

"We all made it!" Rylie squealed. We gave a short group hug.

"Why don't we get some milkshakes 'fore heading home?" I suggested. The others jumped in excitement.

"You trying out for the swim team too, Princess?" Johnny wondered.

"Yup. But tryouts for that aren't until later this week or so."

"Girls who made the basketball team!" Coach brunt shouted catching our attention. "Please meet in the gym for a meeting."

"Milkshakes might have to wait guys." I sighed.

"That's alright, we can meet ya there. Promise we'll wait to order milkshakes." Rylie said.

"Sure." I shrugged. "See ya soon."

I walked into the gym meeting both the coaches and the other girls who made the team. I sat in the bleachers with them. Another girl came and sat beside me.

"Hey. Congrats on making the team." She smiled.

She looked about a year older than me.

"Thanks, you too." I smiled back.

"It's my second year on the team. Names Livi by the way."