Number 8

Stay out!

Tobias POV

"Marcus," I hiss. "Stay away from me, from us. Stay out of my life."

I silently pray I don't have to say anything else and he'll leave. That is the cowardice side of me. The side I thought left when Tris and me became a fearless-or though to be-couple.

"Oh son. Is it such a crime to see my daughter-in-law?"

I can see in his monstrous eyes he's knows we aren't married and he just wants to run it my face. I feel a movement against my back and see that Tris moved behind me. She's scared.

"She's not my wife. We aren't engaged or married yet." He laughs. "Well, it makes sense. You'd hook up with a whore. She's a little weakling who can't even defend herself. She's an ugly flat chested scrawny girl."

I feel wetness trickle down my back and realize Tris is crying. Knowone can do that to her.

"None of that is true! She's beautiful and kind and stronger then you'll ever be! She's not a coward! Unlike you!" He lunges at Tris.

I see Tris fall to the floor and receive a kick in the leg. Why am I not moving? I see him send a pound to his face and hear a scream from Tris. I see him lift his leg to kick her stomach and I finally come to my senses.

I lunge at him and pound him once in the face. I pick Tris up as she's crying. I sprint and get her to the hospital.

I feel dread and fear coursing through me as if it was all that I contained. It's as easy as anything to say Tris will live. But will our child?

A/N: Hey my 10's and Four's! I apologize for the very short chapters you receive. They are under editing and I can't make them longer without screwing with everything else.

I promise in the future chapters they are longer. I hope my editing is okay. And please check out LydiaSpencer901!

Byye!