Number 50

Strength

"Good morning beautiful," Tobias murmurs. I roll my eyes and stuff my face into my pillow. I can't go see the world when the world will shoot bullets at me.

"Tris, please baby. I promise I'll protect you." I shake my head at him and groan when he presses a kiss to my neck.

I feel warm hands grab my waist and pull me up into a sitting position. "Why won't you just leave me to be scared?" He shakes his head at me.

I decide that holding in tears will cause them to come out at the worst of times. I count 36 tears that slip out, and the whole time Tobias wipes all of them away.

"Breakfast," he asks after.

"Breakfast."
>>
I see Christina and Max walking to our table and Christina has red all over her face. Tears. I have to remind myself I'm not the only one effected by Eric's return. When Christina gets close I stand up and walk towards her. We hug each other tightly. "Can we talk after breakfast," I ask. She nods.

I notice that both our chins are trembling. Christina and I are warriors that fight together, and now we cry together.

Back at the table I tell Tobias I have to talk to Christina alone. "You can't be alone Tris. Eric's back." I hear Max saying nearly the same words to Christina. Our boys look at each other and laugh.

"Tell you what," Max says. "Why don't you two hang out in my office for the day, and Four and I will work in his." Christina and I nod.

I wonder and hope that this conversation doesn't end up biting me in the ass.
>>
"Tris," Christina says the moment we're in the office. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. If I hadn't become a couple with Max we'd have a happy safe Dauntless life. And.....I know you'll hate me but I just can't break up with him!"

"Oh Christina. I don't blame you one bit. And maybe I would've been happy but you wouldn't." I then add-as a joke, "It would be more beneficial for me if you didn't stay together because I kind of didn't fill out those forms."

She laughs, and I don't know how I can find a joke in me at a time like this.
>>
"Why don't you come for dinner," asks Max. I look at Tobias briefly and nod.
"But," Tobias interjects. "Tris does need some meds so I'm going to grab them from home." I nod my head and head out with Max and Christina.

"So I'm guessing you know what happened with Evelyn," I ask them. They both sadly nod and tears brim my eyes.

I leg behind a little wanting them to not see my cry. Christina notices I'm behind and slows down. "Tris we have to be stronger," she says.

"I know. Believe me I know. I just....I wonder if I stayed in Abnegation that I wouldn't have been so traumatized."

"I know exactly what you mean. But Tris, we wouldn't have met each other, and we would've been so oblivious to the dangers of the world. And you would have no Four, and I would have no Max."

I was going to reply that Tobias could've stayed in Abnegation-which is a disgusting amount of selfishness on my part-but she doesn't know about his past. Only me.

I hear a person jogging behind us and when I smell the scent of after shave I know it's Tobias. "Hey baby," he murmurs into my ear. I smile and Christina shakes her head.

"You my friend," Christina says pointing at Tobias. "Have the amazing ability to make her stop crying. And also, it's so weird that you are dating your initiate. And you guys had sex."

I feel red creeping into my cheeks and Tobias replies, "Oh my God Christina. It's been seven years. And your dating the dauntless leader. So don't be hypocritical." We all laugh and Max suddenly turns around with fear in his eyes.

"Shit. Eric," he says. I walk up beside him and see Eric rounding the corner towards us.

A/N: IM BACK!!!!!!
Yay! Please vote and comment. I missed you guys!